Aeros firmware 2.13.2

I am following this discussion with great interest. MIDI timing on guitar looper pedals is always an after thought, but very important to me since I mix guitars with synths. If you get the MIDI sync to work rock-solid, this could be the #1 feature to market the device with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey!

Just downloaded the aeros-2.13.1.bin file to a fresh formatted SD card but my aeros said after successful update it is just version 2.11.1

?

you must rename the file on the sd-card to “aeros.bin”

Werner

Generally each device will have its own reaction to a midi command and it may or may not be the same reaction. It all depends on what each device is programmed to do when that particular command is received.

that is why it is important that you can set the midi channel in order to target the looper

1 Like

@897 currently the Aeros responds to Channel 1. We will be building the capability to change the channel. Regarding which MIDI commands we will be implementing, we will start with the commands the MIDI Maestro Aeros Mode is currently programmed with and then add to it depending on how many people request it and the complexity of the request. You can see the list of commands in this post.

I really do hope we can get it done by Jan 24, but I don’t want to promise this because programming always takes longer than the engineers estimate. But we will do our best.

@janschultink the MIDI sync on the Aeros does currently work rock solid (especially with this firmware update which implemented the re-sync system).

1 Like

I just changed the firmware version from 2.13.1 to 2.13.2 in this post. This should fix the bug that @sharifkerbage reported about the most recent song not being saved and the bug from version 2.12.1 that @booneroo reported about the endings of some loops being cut off.

I am keeping this in beta for a few days so you guys can confirm there are no other show-stopping bugs and then I’ll publish it to the server for everyone to download over wifi.

I really was hoping to get the SD card storage feature out before Christmas, but we ran out of time. And apparently asking your guys to work over their Christmas break makes you a bad boss :sweat_smile: so this will be out early January.

Then we’re working on the settings to make freeform more usable for non-soundscape artists (synced tracks, etc.) and then implementing the MIDI command functions for compatibility with the MIDI Maestro.

5 Likes

If I install the beta version will it cause me to lose the songs I have recorded currently on my Aeros? Or does it just overwrite the system software leaving the songs/tracks etc. alone?

Thanks for the killer hardware by the way, Aeros and Beat Buddy! Even in their early stages they are quite wonderful tools!

1 Like

@Enchilada_Jones it will not erase your songs. It will just update the system. Your current songs/loops will be left alone.

Hi David,
Got the 2.13 for one week now and I can report 2 main bugs I experience almost everyday in sync with my BB:
1- While the BB is already playing, even if I have set up the aeros to start recording 2 bars after I pressed the start button, it sometimes starts right on the next bar and sometimes it records right on when I press the record button on the aeros.
2- Let’s say the aeros is stopped with a loop in memory and the Bb is playing : when I press the start button of the aeros, 30% of the time the aeros doesn’t wait the 1 beat of the next bar to start the loop and my performance is all messed up.

Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon. :wink:

2 Likes

@Raphael I believe what’s happening here is that the ‘forgiveness lag’ is too long. We implemented the forgiveness lag because people were trying to close the loop by pressing the button on the last beat of the measure, rather than before it, so they would miss the end of the measure by a little and then it would close the loop with an extra measure. Currently the forgiveness lag is 0.5 seconds – in the next firmware we will reduce this to 0.3. We’re looking into making a setting so you can adjust this, but that’s a bit more complicated, so it will be a little further out.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

1 Like

No serious bugs have been reported with firmware 2.13.2 so it now has been changed to an official release and is being uploaded to the server for download over wifi.

I am currently testing a new firmware version with the SD card storage function and will hopefully post it as a beta in the forum soon!

3 Likes

It will be possible to manage wave files of the Aeros without SD card?

David, how will the “mute once track ends” function that’s being added work with the forgiveness lag? Will you be able to stop the track any time before it ends and up to 0.3s after?

Also, is the mute once track ends quantizing still coming in January? I can’t use the Aeros until it’s been implemented, and while I don’t want to return it, my 60 day return window ends shortly after January.

@Thovy64 not yet. Eventually possibly through the USB port.

@bryanrtyler yes and hopefully yes.

1 Like

@DavidPackouz

Hi David,

Will the ‘undo everything since the last save’ function be part of the next beta?

Best regards,
Pim

Hi David,

Please I would like to know when the big update of january wiil be ready??? because I can’t really use the Aeros without “end of loop” in live sessions…

Thanks

@Pim to be honest this isn’t a very high priority right now because most people won’t use this feature, and you have a work around of reloading the song. I understand that’s annoying, but it is a solution.

@mdb which ‘end of loop’ feature are you talking about? mute, change parts, stop? or all of those?

Hi David,

The most important and urgent for me is for change parts end of loop with one click… I can’t use the Aeros yet without this fonction.

when you select a part (only “select”, not select + play), no matter when in the loop and tempo, it will change part at the end of the loop… with a sign that select part is switched and ready to change, like the circle part is blinking… I think that is the easyest way.

There is something strange to do 2 clicks for one result “select + play”… the “active part” and the “select part” are doing the same thing… still looping on the active part… only “select” is needed…

This way “end of loop” is very important for me when I play live… I want to deal a minimum with the change parts and the looper…

Thanks

1 Like

+1 This feature would be great