Aeros Firmware 4.0.x

And how do you delete a song when the looper is on the floor without go down (stooped)?

Surely the delete button?

If it’s the current song loaded, you can clear it and reuse it. It’s not exactly the same as a delete, but close.

• While stopped
  • Press and hold the stop button
  • Press the right button to confirm

By the way, my prior comment was a (bad) joke.

Dynamic memory seems awesome. I haven’t hit the loop limits yet, but it’s great to know that I probably won’t in the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to trying out the update. Also looking forward to the MIDI implementation so that this will be easier to use in a live setting.

Thanks, Singular Sound team!

2 Likes

yeah I know that !
This is to delete the tracks and the whole song
What I mean is a CC command (for the maestro)
To delete the song from the Aeros Song list !

On the maestro we have the cc commands to:

• Navigate into the Aeros song list
  • Scrolling into the song list up and down
  • Select a song to load
  • Save a song
    But not the command to delete a song from the list

Hi

I just found the present thread after being redirected from here: MIDI Implementation Proposal - #27 by RockDebris … having searched for some advanced midi control commands.

I will try the new firmware ASAP, but just wanted to point out that the midi proposal as written down in the other thread is something I also really would appreciate to see in a next firmware version because it will hugely extend the loop studio’s use cases.

1 Like

Hi , I just got the loop studio yesterday so I don’t know that much about it just yet.

From what I have tried and read about there is no midi clock out. I was hoping the 4.1 new midi implementation included this capability but is not mention anywhere.

Are there any plans to add the option to send midi clock OUT from the loop studio

1 Like

David;

Thank you for all the amazing work you and your team has done on the Aeros and Beat Buddy. I have both and they integrate very well with my synths. Thanks for the firmware upgrades.

3 Likes

@DavidPackouz @BrennanSingularSound
The new firmware must no longer be beta as my wifi detected an update was available. I went ahead and selected ok. I havn’t had much time to play with it however song load times have painfully lengthened which will require more “fill time” in between songs. I don’t know if you are aware of this so there you go.

Mine is now stuck I cannot access the looping studio when I select it it just show the logo, haven’t even had this thing a week

So not sure what happened maybe it was, still doing the update even though it did say complete and I followed all the steps, not sure if this is what solved it but I took the SD card and reformated it stuck it back in and it now loads loop studio, still wondering what that was all about or anything to worry about.

Ok so now when I take out the SD card it goes back to the logo screen and gets stuck inserting the card again does nothing I have to turn it off and on, is this normal?

Probably best for you to contact Support, support@singularsound.com for help.

Ok thanks.

Hello, the link to the very first release is in the post! We do not have an exhaustive list available at this time, stay tuned!

Doing that after I respond here!

just to be clear, this is not yet available, and will be available in the upcoming release 4.1.x, 4.0.0 only has two new commands:

lol

We aim to please!!!

This will come eventually! It is planned for a later MIDI release

Thanks

Hey there, thanks for the question, unfortunately, MIDI Master capabilities are not and were not part of any MIDI expansion, but that being said it is not very far from being done.

Stay tuned, the Aeros definitely will be capable as master soon!

:pray:t3: We love these comments!

Yep!! It’s live! :tada:

This should not be the case, do you have any assured proof this is happening? We’ll have to verify if song loading times have changed substantially versus the previous version.

thanks for reporting

Hi, I’m not entirely sure what happened here, but please be sure to reach out to support@singularsound.com to verify there is no issue with your update method or possibly with your unit.

Thanks

4.0.0 is out everyone!

I have there are a few issues I’m having that am getting ready to send them now, thanks.

OK,

From what I’m reading, I believe the screen you are talking about was not the update install screen, but the download screen.

This screen is only telling you that you have downloaded the firmware from WIFI, it does not mean that the update is complete.

Once it downloads, the Aeros has to reboot (be restarted) and then it will install the firmware.

I’m worried you have done something unexpected by introducing the firmware again in the SD while it already was ready to install.

Please reach out to support, they will be best equipped to assist you.

I did the reboot sequence before I ever used an sd card, I only tried using the SD after it locked up.

Hi. After applying the 4.0.0 update, I can’t get MIDI sync to switch to ON so that my Beat Buddy can control it. I’ve tried unplugging the unit from power, unplugging the MIDI cable, checking the settings on the BB, setting the Aeros settings to Default, and nothing has worked.

When I do the MIDI self test under diagnostics, it briefly flashes “running” and then almost immediately says “failed”. This is a brand new Aeros that I just got from Jay at support because the touch screen on my prior Aeros stopped working. The MIDI sync was working two days ago, but I honestly don’t remember if that was before I updated to 4.0.0 or not.