Am I understanding this correctly about purchasing beats?

@StanM I agree with you that the BB Manager software does not do the BB pedal justice. You should not have to jump through hoops to accomplish a simple thing. Efforts are being made to have that process fixed.

1 Like

It’s a great pedal and I love using it but right now was a great time for me to add new beats but not so much the part about dropping everything else to learn the software. I’ll hold out for the new software and then dig into it. For example, I purchased the Tascam DP24SD a couple of years ago and that required watching hours of tutorials so it was kind of the same thing only I knew what I was up against going into it. Now I’ve got it nailed and am bouncing tracks and all the little tricks that one can do with it. I’m self taught and or have attended classes for many programs both while I was still working and for home use so I don’t have any doubts that I’ll learn fairly quickly when I am ready. When they release the new software and I dig in I will be back here on my knees begging for advice.

To sum it all up I got what I needed, had my eyes opened to what Beatbuddy is capable of when I am able to dig in and devote the time to it and I love the product. Before purchasing Beatbuddy I used a combination of a Boss drum machine or in some cases I would design custom drum tracks in a program called Hydrogen that is open source and bundled with the Linux studio distro I was using. I actually got pretty good at creating beats and was able to use a few in my recordings so that experience might help in some ways when I get into the BB software.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help here on the forum.

2 Likes