Anybody have a problem of exporting from mac

There is a certain irony about whinging about lack of support on a support forum.

Mac 10.11.2 No issues with BB to report so far.

Nags

Very true @nags, OK no more whinge!! …but I just hope the message gets thru to the right people!!
…I must reiterate though, I do appreciate the positive help from @aashideacon[/USER] & [USER=5448]@Tim Williams on this forum …perhaps you two guys should co-write a Mac manual!!

I apologize that there still exist some really annoying technical bugs in the software that need to be taken care of. We have been working intently on this over the last two months, by developing a newer (and better) version of the software. We are getting rid of the bugs, and creating new features (such as an internal MIDI editor). It is nearly ready, and we are currently beta-testing it at the present time. Once we believe it is ready for release, we will announce it as the replacement of the current version. We will also create a user manual for both, the PC version as well as the Mac version.

@Boombangabang[/USER] [USER=6372]@nags[/USER] [USER=5971]@erky32 -

In the mean time, we will not leave you in the dark. If you are facing any technical issues at all, you can email us directly at support@mybeatbuddy.com - we do our best to answer every single email within 48 hours, it rarely takes longer. We also offer an option of phone support with remote control on your computer, where we talk on the phone with you while seeing what is happening on your computer live, via a remote control software, so it will be just like we came and visited you and worked on your computer directly. We can also go over all the basics of using the software as well, and go over every single aspect that is not fully understood. If you would like to set a session like this up, just let me know (by emailing support@mybeatbuddy.com).

Many thanks @BeatBuddy Support for the acknowledgement.
For the time being I have got the BB edited for my needs and will probably leave it like that until the new Mac software & Mac manual are released.
Really looking forward to those upgrades, but if I have any problems with them I’ll keep you to your word and give you a call.

Last post was Oct 7 2015 and six months later the issue is still not fixed.

Welcome, Warhymn. Which versions of the firmware and BeatBuddy Manager are you using?

Please update your firmware to version 1.8.5 if you have not done so already.

Are you using a Mac?

I am exporting and synchronising fine from my MacBook Pro. If you have a target data folder for BBManager correctly set up on your Mac (hard not to do this if you follow the instructions), then I suspect two possible causes for your problem: 1) A read/write issue with the SD card. This has happened to me several times. Even though the little switch on the side of the card is set in the forward position to enable read/write, with some cards I have used, the Mac seems to move the switch backwards when the card is slid into the slot. You can check whether the card is in read/write mode by clicking on its icon on the desktop and pressing cmd-i (or “Get Info” under the “file” menu). This will bring up a window that tells you whether the card is read/write or not. If it is not, then you can’t save to it and its contents will be greyed out.
2) In BBManager, if you go “File - Export Project to SD Card”, with the SD card mounted, then this should overwrite everything on the SD card. You may lose some of your switch and other settings by doing this. If you then set up the BeatBuddy with all the settings you like (I have experimented lots with this), these settings are saved to the card. Make sure that you make a back-up of the BeatBuddy data folder on your Mac (for safety if you mess things up with the next step) and then copy all the card contents into the BBManager target folder on your Mac, this will overwrite the default settings in BBManager and then mean that your custom BeatBuddy settings will be saved. So whether you subsequently Export Project to SD card or select “synchronise project” under the BBmanager file menu, the settings will remain as you set them up. I hope this is useful and I invite any experts to comment if I have this wrong.

Not for me it doesnt ,I have the macbook pro which is bombproof,it will not let me update my setlist ? this is just depressing

I can help you get this fixed. I would like to remote into your Mac, if that’s okay.

Just opened a conversation with you. Check your forum inbox by clicking on the envelop icon, in the upper r/h corner of the forum.