Anyone in Canada

Arriving today.

My beat buddy arrived today! :stuck_out_tongue:

It just gets weirder and weirder…

Still no email notice of a tracking number, but I arrived home to a yellow “Sorry we missed you” note from DHL. With no delivery options checked (i.e., “Will Re-attempt on [DATE],” “Please Contact for to Schedule Another Attempt,” and “Final Attempt, Shipment will be Held for Collection” were all unchecked). When I track it online, the DHL Web site says it was delivered and signed for by someone else. Someone I’ve never heard of – who may be someone who lives a solid five miles from me.

When I click on the Proof of Delivery option, it produces a document that says (and I quote):

“This is a proof of delivery / statement of final status for the shipment with waybill number xxxxxxxxxxx. Your shipment xxxxxxxxxxx was delivered on 08 October 2014 at 16:27”

No signature, no ACTUAL proof, just a PDF that basically says "We delivered it, and don’t check because we’re not lying.’

A phone call to DHL confirmed that they believe it was delivered. But I still have this delivery notice on my door. So they’re going to trace the package.

Which means at least another week.

Unless they try to deliver it tomorrow.

Or they delivered it today to some random guy, which means next batch of pedals. Which means what – next spring?

Unless they delivered it to some random guy and he decides to return it to me.

Just when I thought I might be about to be the first Canadian to have one of these delivered.

It just gets weirder and weirder…

:frowning:

DHL sucks.

Got my BB yesterday :+) Edmonton Alberta
Everything is there and works just like in the video(s) and looks great too…now if I could only play as good as those guys, Aaarg
Kudos Guys!!! Can’t wait for the “manager”.
Extremely pleased with it so far…Life gets in the way of the fun stuff though.
Will spend more time with it as soon as I can cut some out…hmmm long weekend coming.

An interesting fun fact…my BB package got opened and inspected at customs as indicated by the “fancy tape” re-sealing the outer box.

The only down side was the extra charges from DHL Express (processing and COD fee) and we can’t overlook good old Big Brother with the shovel in our pocket for his cut… taxes… how could we survive with out him ha ha.

If they delivered that, ask them who paid the taxes and brokerage fees? You would have had to pay them if they delivered the package to you.

I just paid my DHL charges and with taxes that came to another $27. Just a note to my fellow Canucks, the guy at DHL said the ONLY way to pay is online, otherwise your shipment will remain “Shipment held - Available upon receipt of payment”. You can pay here:

http://international.dhl.ca/en/express/ … ivery.html

Choose the “My Payment” button and go from there…

That is NOT true. My shipment was delivered to my house, paid on the spot. DHL person you talked to doesn’t know what they are talking about.

DHL attempted delivery to my house yesterday, but I was at work so they left a yellow sticker on my front door. I went on line to change my delivery option so I could pick it up at the distribution center. Recieved notice that it was available for pickup at the distribution centre today. Picked it up, paid the $44 brokerage. Everything went smoothly. Cant wait to get home and try it out. Its been long wait.

Turns out mine was “attempted” today at 1:30. But I didn’t get a tracking # until 4:20 today. :lol:

Mine has been delivered to my PO box! I’ll have it in my hot little hands tonight! Buzzing with excitement!

I received mine today… Very disappointed !!! Wont even power up !!! Anyone else having any problems ?

Check your power supply cord. Make sure you have voltage coming out of it. 9v.

Mine was OK except missing an authorization key on the device. Fixed within 30 min by speaking with Dave. Very easy no problem.

The default power supply was faulty, Thanks… So i got another power supply, now the unit comes on, but when i put in the SD card, it flashes 3-4 times, and powers off… I don’t no !!! Maybe its this other power supply i have… its a used one !!! ill go to Long and McQuade tomorrow and see what they have…
Thanks again…

It’s 9 volts but make sure your power supply also has the same milliamps(ma’s) as what comes with the unit. If its sensitive with the current draw it may be shutting off because its not getting the correct amperage.

YES. You can’t just match 9V. Milliamps are vital!

While milliamps are indeed vital, voltage is crucial. If unmatched (namely, supplied more) it will almost certainly burn your device. Amps are much more “friendly”. If not enough, the unit simply won’t turn on but will never get out of order. But if supplied more, the unit will “eat” just as much as it needs working perfectly well and won’t get out of order as well.

Got mine last week October 8th, Bad News, the SD card was EMPTY. They :? say they’ll send me another one…after 4,5 months, more waiting!!!

The SD card was empty or the SD card package/box was empty? You can download the SD card contents here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/downloads/.

[Mod Edit] Added a link for clarity.