Backing Track Option for Beatbuddy

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JamManSoloXT--digitech-jamman-solo-xt-phrase-sampler-looper-pedal?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=802094832&rkg_id=0&utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=zz_old_p+pedals&utm_term=digitech+jamman+xt&campaigntype=paidsearch&campaign=zz_old_p+pedals&adgroup=DigiTech+-+Digitech+Jamman+Solo+XT&keyword=digitech+jamman+xt&placement=bing&creative=77996631105526&device=c&matchtype=b&msclkid=b34114b6d85e1de302ac49bda6a09f1b

and this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FS3X--digitech-fs3x-foot-switch

will get you there
you can also set the tempo to match BB (manually ) and they don’t drift

2 Likes

Thanks fxjunky,

I had considered the JamManSoloXT but it didn’t make sense until you included the link to the foot switch.

Much appreciated

Rodney

2 Likes

the possibilities are end less…it has a (computer) manager that can help organize your loops (stores them in wav. files… easy to convert from mp3)… stores 200 loops on a card…has a built in metronome that stays in time with beatbuddies… I love it

1 Like

I am making my own drum tracks with SD3 in Logic Pro X. A few songs have tempo and key signature changes.

I just want to export these drum tracks in audio, then load them up in a pedal. Press play/stop and scroll through a set list with the foot pedal .

I will probably sell my BB and just use the JamManSoloXT with the foot switch.

Can I ask you a few questions about the JamManSoloXT?

1. What is the audio quality like for use with a live acoustic guitar?

2. Is it easy to find a good/appropriate level between the backing tracks and the live guitar sound? Although I might just run two separate lines into the mixer.

3. Is the software easy enough to use? Could I quickly rearrange my set list on the pedal 10mins before leaving to go to a gig?

Cheers

Rodney

Cd quality,it has a volume control and the manager is pretty easy to use … (maybe not ten minutes quick for an old fart like myself) but close

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Are you recording audio, not MIDI? I ask because BB is a MIDI playback device.

Hi Joe,

Yes I have moved into pure audio now. That way I can mix any type of instrument into a backing track including drum samples.

A one point I was cutting up the audio into bars <3Mb and loading these into the BB as samples.
Then I was triggering each bar via midi.

Too much hard work although I did get it to work perfectly a few days ago.

I prefer to Eq, Compress and pan the instruments which unfortunately is not possible in the BB.

I’m just gonna make life easier on myself now and get a JamManSoloXT, so I can just load up whole tracks at a time.

Thank you for taking an interest in the thread. I was a bit stressed when I started.

Much appreciated

Rodney : )

I think the JamMan was the best advice, for sure. You could also do it with a laptop, which would make it way easier to do everything you want to do. Incorporate one of those bluetooth pedals to advance through your sets, and you’d be golden.

Still, the JamMan might still be your best option.

You can use the BB for backing tracks… I have several examples… one is a full song track of Reeling in the Years, and also a multi-part version of Fight the Power and a few other experiments.

Basically you make your own drum kit that has your one track assigned to one note, and you make a simple midi part with one midi note.

https://forum.singularsound.com/t/public-enemy-fight-the-power/3154

Hi Aashideacon,
Thanks for the reply. I believe it can be done but the amount of time achieving it is just too much for me.
I really like the BB, especially the display. However, I have now bought a JamMan Solo XT.
Kind regards
Rodney

1 Like

Hate to jump into your conversation but I’m curious at how the Jamman XT Solo and BB stay in time without MIDI sync.

No problem, The best I understand is that the Jamman has a built in metronome that cycles much like Beatbuddy. The jamman quantises what you record so it fits in the space and stays in a set tempo. You can set the jamman to (ex. 105 bpm) and set beatbuddy to 105 bpm . You can set the jamman to start recording as soon as it hears you play. Wait for beat one to come around on beat buddy play a phrase end your phrase near the end of beat 4 and step on the button as close to beat one as you can. Your phrase plays over and over, they stay in sync. (and no I am not talking about recording the beatbuddy) The two units running separately. You do have to hit start close to the one beat but they don’t drift like a looper that dosen’t have a bpm metronome built in. The other style looper you record a phrase and you are guarantied to not have the exact time . You can get close but after two cycles you will notice drift. Not so with the jamman. I have left the room and came back an hour later and they are still starting on the one beat at the same interval. Granted you may have started it a micro second off but that stays the same (no drift).Works great for me. I hope this clears things up.

1 Like

Just wondering how you get the WAV file into the Jamman Sol XT? I have one and want to also use it for backing tracks for some songs,

I thought I could just use the free JamManger XT software to load the audio files into the pedal but I can’t figure out how to do the importing.

Have you been able to use the Jamman Solo XT with song length audio WAV files?

I think you record the audio file in to the Jamman using the Aux jack. Then, once you have it into the unit, you save it to a memory location, you can the use the Jamman’s manager software to archive the backing track “loop.”

Thanks Phil - I will do that.

I will use it for practicing guitar parts that I can keep on looping.

I love my BeatBuddy.

The Jamman software is a bit old skool.
There is no drag and drop. It is simply copy and paste.

The Jamman Manager has icons at the top. The one with the green arrow will bring you to a browse screen . Just browse to where you have your wav. file stored and click it. There is plenty of mp3 to wav. converter sites to choose from .
This one works fine

fxjunky -

Thanks for that info on the Jamman Manager - that is the fastest way to get the WAV file into the unit - I will try that when I am back in front of my computer when I can open the Manager software.

I will look at the Mp3 to Wave Online converter too!

Right now I am using my Reaper DAW or my VLC Multimedia Player. The online converter is also a faster alternative if I don’t have to do volume adjustments in Reaper. Many of my files have count-ins that are far louder than the song volume.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Interesting side note… I was playing with Ultimate Guitar power tabs …. the tempo is posted on top of the music staff (1/4 note = 112). I match the tempo with BB and they play in time…Brilliant!!! ( you have to match the one beat and you are there)

I hope someone finds this useful FX