Baker's Handful of Grateful Dead Songs Re-upload - .pbf

Note: for you Dead Heads, there are 6 songs in the BeatBuddy folder format (import once vs importing each song individually). From the BBM menu File > Import > Folder Grateful_Dead.pbf

All songs have DOP, OPB & OPBk unless otherwise noted.

• Bertha
  • Eyes of the World
  • Franklin’s Tower (DOP, OPB & OPBk—two piano versions)
  • Sugar Magnolia
  • Ripple
  • Casey Jones (OPBk only)

Requires:
  • v1 Standard Pro
  • v2 NP Standard Pro Bass
  • v3 & v4 various kits with keys
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: DOP, OPB, OPBk versions of each song & chords & lyrics

Download Here

1 Like

Hi Persist.
All I can find in here is chords & lyrics…No beats…maybe I am misunde4rstandind something

thanx fxjunky

Should also be another file. Use the BBM > File > Import > Folder process.

Nope just chords and lyrics…I have imported many files…so I understand the process ….after extracting all I get are pdf.files

I see this

2 Likes

got it ….my laptop was reading it as a document…threw me off…

thanx again guys

Any chance you feel like cooking up Scarlet Begonias?

I’ll see what I can do. Depends on a good MIDI source.

EDIT: I had this song queued up many moons ago but was just never happy with the MIDI source file and my lack of skill which sadly to say, haven’t improved much since way back then. I found a decent MIDI source file though and so gave it another shot. I added it as a separate post here: Scarlet Begonias OPB

1 Like

I don’t have a beatbuddy but would really appreciate it if someone could upload a midi version of the files.
Thanks!

check out this

you can separate the instruments put them in Reaper and get a good midi track .

If you don’t have the Guitar Pro 7 app, you can use TuxGuitar (freeware) to export a Guitar Pro file to MIDI.

1 Like

Sorry, I no longer have the MIDI source files for these songs. I found most of them by searching online. Some of them might have been from commercial sources (I don’t recall which ones but in any case, that might be why I did not include the MIDI files).

You could download and install the BBM app, import the folder and then use the BBM to Export to MIDI the loop that contains the song; keep in mind that contents of the file will have been transcribed to work for the BB—meaning the bass guitar will have to be lowered by 5 octaves).

Thanks that worked!

1 Like

hello fxjunky, would you mind explaining the steps to do this? I’m an ultimate guitar subscriber and own reaper too. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, and the closest I’ve seen was to download individual PDFs of instrument tracks and then run through an app that would translate to midi, then load all the midi’s into a multitrack midi app? Never tried this, only assuming this is what was described in their forums. Not sure if that is what you are referring, but it sounds like you have a flow that I’ve been looking for. thanks for any tips!

• download the UG tab
  • download and install TuxGuitar
  • use TuxGuitar to open the UG tab and export it to MIDI and you’ll have the MIDI source file
  • use Reaper to transcribe the MIDI tracks

thanks persist, that is very helpful!