BB Footswitch Pause when using Looper?

If I buy the optional foot switch and use the pause feature with my Boomerang looper, will my loop stop as well as the beat, or will the loop continue playing ?

The Boomerang will continue to play until it receives a midi STOP (or you stop it the usual way with a button click).

It wouldnā€™t make sense to me if the BB sent a STOP when it is paused, but someone here might know otherwise.

1 Like

I believe the BB DOES (optionally) send a PAUSE command, followed by an UNPAUSE. Your Boomerang should be able to respond to that.

1 Like

Boomerang will only respond to 1. midi time, 2. START and 3. STOP.

ā€¦unless you have figured out the messages sent from the Boomerang Sidecar.

If you want to ā€˜pauseā€™ the Boomerang, you have to send a STOP, which will stop all playing. When you then send a START, Boomerang will start at the next measure.

(And Boomerang only listens to midi channel 16.)

1 Like

I was sure this had come up before and had been resolved ā€“ possibly in the Main Pedal/Pause options menu. Iā€™ll have a look at my BB tomorrow and report back if I can figure it out.

Thank you. Iā€™d love to be able to stop both the BB and the looper with one stomp on the BB, hen resume both with a second stomp.

You can do both (itā€™s working with the infinity) and can be done with the Boomerang I guess
On the Beatbuddy:
Go to ā€œMain Pedalā€ >Midi out> Set to ā€œPause and Endā€
Go back to main Pedal>ā€œMute pauseā€ and choose
Disable = Beatbuddy in pause and loop stop
Enable = Beatbuddy in pause and loop stay playing

3 Likes

Terrific!!! Thank you so much! :+1::+1::+1::+1::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like