BBManager (1.64+) Video Tutorials!

Just posted guides for the BeatBuddy Manager and MIDI settings here http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?resources/beatbuddy-user-guides.1979/

Thanks for the ad I have downloaded the latest firmware but the question I have is when I go into the beats section and I download a beat, I can not open it after it downloads is there something I am doing wrong? When I click on the down load arrow it asked me what program I want to use I think I accidentally hit Adobe what is it I should be using thanks

It sounds like you’re trying to open it with the operating system. If it’s a file that ends with .sng, then you should use the BBM to import a song. If it’s a MIDI file, you also use the BBM to add it to the section in a song by clicking on it, navigating to and selecting the file.

Thanks giving that a go as we speak will keep you posted,
Got it works like a charm thanks

I’ve not messed with my BB since last year as I was busy with school and work. Finally am able to get back to my music, downloaded the new stuff and figured out how to get to the editor, but I can’t figure out how to change the note length of individual instruments/drums. Can you point me in the right direction?
Please and thanks.

You might be better off using a DAW if you have one. Trying to edit notes (specially if you have lots of notes to change) with the BB MIDI Editor can be a tedious process.

[ATTACH=full]6984[/ATTACH]

1 Like

I just got the Latest BB Manager 1.64 but now when I try to play some of the songs with the BBM I get the attached message.

Some songs do this and all the Blues, Brazillian stuff etc do not work with the software but they still work on the pedal.
I like to edit those beats and change the tempo so I can call them up when performing. (After renaming them of course)
Some of my other songs have this same message.
I hope someone can help me with this !

Gregjon

Have you used the BeatBuddy Manager > Tools > Set Workspace Location to your bbworkspace folder?

Yes, I set that bbworkspace in the tools menu.
Still does not work. I uninstalled the BBM and reinstalled it and it is still doing the same thing.
It gives that same error. I can not even get the premium content to work either.
It gives that same error. I am using an HP Laptop with Windows 10.
I know this laptop is a little old and the processor is a little underpowered for Windows 10.
Can I use a Windows SFC for this? Then I could use it with my Triple Play pickup.
But for now I just want to be able to load Blues beats and edit them. The songs
all work because I deleted all the ones that gave me “The error” pop up.
When I play the Blues beats from the pedal it works just fine.
I keep loading the project in my pedal to the computer and synchronize it and a message comes up saying I do not even need to.

Thanks

Gregjon

I noticed that someone said to not use the USB but always use the SD card directly in the computer.
The SD slot on my computer is broken so I have been using the USB option.
I wonder if that is my problem ???

For most users the USB cable method works just fine however, for some of us, it caused issues. Recommend you try the suggested method of a complete and fresh install by following http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/general-disaster-recovery.7774/
If this still doesn’t work, find an external SD slot reader and try the fresh install process again.

I see that it said to export files to desktop with BBM. Do you mean to to into the SD card project and export files from there?
Can I bring up old projects and get songs from them too ?

Thanks

Before I read your post I had reformated the 32Gig SD card and put a copy of the latest SD card stuff on it along with
latest firmware. I was very please to see that the beats played with BBM. So I guess I will just need to put songs back on it and start over. Hopefully the songs I purchased will work better after I put them in this time.

Unfortunately, this is what sent my BeatBuddy packing back to Sweetwater… No BeatBuddy Manager PDF manual…Deal breaker. It is the most critical area of BeatBuddy and holds the key to 90% of what BeatBuddy can really do as far as making your BeatBuddy yours. Most bad reviews regarding BeatBuddy are centered around this one point…

Too bad you didn’t take time to notice that message was TWO YEARS OLD!!! There is an up to date pdf manual on the Singular website.

I agree, the lack of a current PDF manual for BeatBuddy Manager is pretty disappointing as the BB Manager is essentially the heart of the hardware. The videos may be OK as an overview, but if I get stuck on one particular aspect of doing something in the Manager, the videos are in no way ‘indexed’ to find a certain topic. These forums are no substitute for a manual as information is scattered through various threads which mostly lacks coherency. If it’s 9pm at night and I’m stuck I don’t want to wait for an answer from the forum, watch a video in entirety, or have to call or email support for something that a manual could have a simple answer immediately.
Is the [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Tutorial for BBManager version 1.5.0 ( http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com//index.php?threads/tutorial-for-bbmanager-version-1-5-0.4301/ ) close enough to the current version that it could edited to reflect the latest version and posted as a stickie? This could at least be copy and pasted into Word doc or other.[/SIZE][/FONT]

^^^
As this is a Singular Sound responsibility and as the forum users (including yours truly) are not Singular Sound employees, it simply does not feel right doing the company’s job for them—especially when they profit. This forum pretty much consists of exceptional users that generously volunteer and contribute hours of their time by creating song and drum kit content. They also help users that get stuck with the software or pedal. Most—but not all—user questions have been answered here on the forum and can be found with little effort by searching.

Doing software right means including a useful user guide. I think we can all agree that Singular Sound has fallen short. As there are many non-English speaking BeatBuddy users, it implies that the user guide be made available in several languages. All of this costs money and because Singular Sound has been working on a new version of the BeatBuddy Manager for more than a year, they’ve not put any effort into releasing software updates or user guide improvements in quite a while. Instead, they’ve relied on the forum to fill in the blanks.

Complicating things is that there is no one size user learning medium that suits all. Some users will be happy by reading a manual; others by watching videos and then there are others that insist that they don’t need no stinking manual or help (at least until they get stuck) :eek:

Would the tutorial you’ve linked to above help? With minimum updating, it could be an interim solution until the new software version is released. Would it be enough to meet users’ needs? It might be a start but where would requirements and expectations end? Perhaps a wiki type effort of the document that all users could contribute to would help. Although not a wiki, here’s parts I and II pasted into a Word document and available from my download account http://bit.ly/2EWPO5c. If anybody would like to work on it and send their edits to me via PM (Conversation), I’ll be more than happy to consolidate and copy the contents as a sticky post to the forum. Depending on the interest and if needed, I can put this up as a Google doc to make collaboration easier.

Hopefully Singular Sound will take your comments to heart and step up their game.

1 Like

Persist (and others) thank you and the everyone (some I haven’t seen yet) who truly do try and help those of us newbies who are sorta clueless when it comes to the technical side of music! We live in an “instant world” anymore and everyone wants it now (including me)…but “Seek and Ye Shall Find” can be applied to this forum and the wealth info that is being shared. Kudos to all of y’all who have spent hours searching and going thru the learning curves so that those like myself don’t have to.

And the Beat goes on!

Geri

1 Like