Beat buddy Ableton integration

HandyDrums are the way to go for this. Use the HandyDrum plugin in Ableton to build the drum track, without changing any of the mapping in the Handy Drums. Then load the corresponding kit in the BB. It’s pretty clear from the names of the HandyDrums which Premium kit they are meant to match. Then you just load the midi into the BB song and it should sound very close to what you made with Ableton and HandyDrums.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Most of the kits seem to be mapped pretty similarly so I’m guessing most will work as well for the groove.

Is there any reason not to just start with the Studio Standard set?

None at all. If I was only getting one, that’s probably the one I would pick.

1 Like

I had the same problem. What worked for me was connecting Beat Buddy to Ableton using MIDI. This lets you control Beat Buddy with Ableton, like starting loops and recording straight into Ableton. Just ensure your Beat Buddy is set up right in Ableton’s settings.

Also, I saw some cool new stuff about Ableton Live 12 on https://faqaudio.com/t/ableton-live-12/27. There are new features like mixing right on the main screen, easy sound searches with tags, and new tools to make unique music patterns. Excellent sound tools like Roar Granulator III and Meld for playing with different note styles exist. These might help you get more out of using Beat Buddy with Ableton.