Beat Buddy and Looper General Questions

Yea, thanks…
Something strange happend to me in the Infinity now… May someone here know what happend, or maybe Dennis (i write you also these in my post)…
I choose the option in the Pig app of 1/4 in the Infinity (to all the syn multi) to blink red light of every arm with each BPM, these is moore easy for me to record. When i´m start the pedal is blinking every BPM, but if i change the song in the BB automatically change the Infinity to blink one time per music compass… Do you have and idea of what is going on here?

Im not sure if I understand your Question right... You have set your Infinity to sync to 1/4 (every quarter in beat). This behavior works only in one Song and changes when you select another song...? Okay, youll have to go to Tools (on top of Infinity application), Mass Setting Asign, then you can select every Song you wish, then youll have to make the changes (this way you can set every Song to your 1/4 behavior at once). The Sync Multi depends on the length of your first Loop. You can select to have your second Loop multiple times of the first loop. When you set it to (e.g.) x1, the second Loop has the same length as the first loop, x2 the second Loop is twice as long etc... The Infinity automatically changes to play the Loop when it reached the selected length of the Loop. You can press the Loop 2 switch before it reached that point, so the Loop Starts playing at the end of that meassure ( when set to 1/4 I assume it starts the next Beat), so your adjusted Loop length can be reduced, but your Loop cycle cannot be extended. You can also press Loop 1(Loop recording stops, Loop1 beginns to play) or Stop (Infinity stops ecording, no playing). The FW 1.75 is also sending Time Measure (to tell Infinity if the Beat is 3/4, 4/4 etc. ), I dont know if youll have to disable that to have it 1/4 (but I think it is disabled in default Setting (please correct me if Im wrong :D).

I think the problem comes just for that… If I choose a 1/4 it keep it in the looper just in the first song of the BB, but when i change the Song, the BB send a message of change the red blink (and start record) from 1/4 ( i already choose 1/4 in all songs in the app) to the mesure of the song 2/4 or 4/4 etc… I don´t know if there is a something i can do about it… May be it´s just better to lear to use the mesure of the song to have moore time betwen i step and start to play… i have to check… Waht do you think?..

I Have also another problem that i´m sure you can help me Dennis… or someone else…
I control the infinity looper also by midi from a Boss ES-8 looper controller.
The only parameter that I got to control for now is Stop the loop with the CC#23 and Val 00 and CC#23 and Val 127 for Stop and Erase the loop.
I need to play the loop at list from the controller, but i don´t now which CC and Value i have to use to start the looper that i recorded and stop before.
I would love to now more parameters and his control numbers and values.
Can you tell me the most important parameters?.. the thing is i can’t understand clearly which parameters are for each numbers the in the manual…
Thanks a lot.

Chema

With the new FW (1.75) you can suppress sending Beat Meassure, did you try that???
I, for myself prefer to use Beats Meassure (4/4, 3/4 etc.), since it leaves me more koncentration for playing…

If your controller can send different values at stop and release, the switches of your controller can act like Infinity switches. Youll have to send value 127 when pressed and value 0 at release... If your Controller cant do that, youll have to send value 1 for short and value 2 for long press. CC#24=Loop1, CC#25=Loop2 values 127 (press), 0 (release) works for me. Had no need to try different. If your controller send only one value (no press-release) youll have to try value 1, 2, 127.

All Midi CC`s from Infinity are listed below (from Infinity Manual):

Varispeed 3 Mapped
Exp 4 Mapped
Global Volume 7 Mapped
Loop Aging 9 Mapped
Loop 1 Volume 12 Mapped
Loop 2 Volume 13 Mapped

Mapped
The value (0-127) of these MIDI CC/Note messages sets the value of the parameter.

Stop Mode 17 Switch
Sync Multi 22 Switch

Stop FTSW 23 Switch
Loop 1 FTSW 24 Switch
Loop 2 FTSW 25 Switch
Undo FTSW 27 Switch
Reverse FTSW 28 Switch

Pitch Up 29 Switch
Pitch Down 30 Switch

Switch
The value of these MIDI CC/Note messages determines whether the message acts like a switch press or delivers a specific type (short or long) of switch press.
A value of 0 is not pressed, a value of 127 is pressed. For MIDI controllers that send 127 when pressed and 0 otherwise, this type of command lets the MIDI footswitch act like the buttons (hold for 2 seconds for a long press, or less for a short press).
Values of 1 or 2 specifically send a short press and long press respectively and act immediately.

Series Loops19 Toggle
Input Split 20 Toggle

Cycle/Toggle
Any value of these MIDI CC/Note messages toggles or cycles through the available options, changing to the next selection.

Pitch Recall 31>0 Triggers
Stutter 75>0 Triggers
Erase 76>0 Triggers
Erase+Rec 77>0 Triggers
Reverse 78>0 Triggers
Undo 79>0 Triggers
Preset Decrement 85>0 Triggers
Preset Increment 86>0 Triggers

Hi Dennis!!
Can you help me with something?
I have a problem they still have not solved yet.
I´m using a looper controller Boss ES-8 to control various pedals via MIDI including the Infinity Looper you now that. I already controlling start and stop loops of the infinity from the Boos and its working ( I dont now yet exactly about the press and realise but i´m working on that) What i really need to control is the Global Volume of the infinity (i assume is the master volume of the pedal) with a exp pedal through Midi and the Boss. I already configured various parameters through Midi and the Boss with some other pedals (strymond) but is not working for the Vol of the infinity.
What i´m doing is in the Exp assign and midi configuration using the channel that i assing for the infinity sending a CC#7 and value 0 min and 127 max.

It´s something from the Pedal or the pigtronix app that i´m not find it. Please Help.

Thanks

This should work, …CC# 7 is for Global Volume (#12 = Loop 1, #12 = Loop 2). Sure you use the right channel? If your other commands work for this channel, I really dont know what couses this... Be aware, some Midi stuff counts with, others without 0 (Midi channel 0-15 / 1- 16, PCs, CC`s, values 0- 127/ 1- 128 ). But since you allready have working commands, I assume your equipment counts the same, or you allready know…

The thing is is working with the infinity (start and stop etc) in a MIDI patch of the Boss controller. What im trying to do now with the global vol is controling trought the expresión pedal (trought the Boss es-8) vía MIDI. Theres a diferent configuración for start and stop CC and the expresión pedal MIDI controller. The thing is i already did that with the Strymond pedals controling the mix in the big sky and the respeats in the timeline with the expresión pedal but (of course with the right channel) is not react in any parameter of the infinity…

I hve no idea, it is working for me , with my Midi Controller (Gordius) and also with my FX-Looper (Musicom Lab)…
Also Ive never seen "possibilities" to change this behavior in the Infinity app. You can contact support, Theyre very helpfull.

How did you make it your rhythm player ?