Thanks persist for link and patience. However I am not sure this is the answer to my issue. Pls see my comments.
- Make sure the firmware and the apps for both devices are the most current. Although the Infinity firmware is reportedly at 211, after updating, the looper displays 210.
My firmware is up today. I am currently running 2.11
- Connect the two pedals using the BB MIDI sync breakout cable; insert a male-to-male 5-pin midi cable between the BB MIDI Out to the Infinity MIDI In (making the BB the master).
- Pigtronix suggested trying any one of the options below to improve the functionality of these two devices:
- Turn off MIDI clock out on Beat Buddy.
- Using the Infinity app, you can actually set the Infinity to ignore incoming MIDI clock.
- Using the Infinity app, tell the looper exactly how many bars long the loop is.
I have tried these methods (except "- Turn off MIDI clock out on Beat Buddy " - but I believe that is not the solution since this will disable clock sync). The methods suggested solves a lot of issues, amongst them pitch shift, syncronisation etc.
However, my issue is that I don´t want to turn of sync with BB. I am totally dependent on that wen using BB songss. If I turn MIDI clock off, that means that when I loop songs with BB, the loop does not sync and therefore starts drifting off. So turning off is not really an option.
What I need is a way to deactivate sync for certain songs. Eg I play a couple of song with BB and loops. Then I want to play a song that uses only looper. Since MIDI clock is active I cannot trigger my loops to start directly (since they are time with the BB). That makes it almost impossible to get loops in sync.
If I turn MIDI clock off, this works, but then when I want to play a song with BB I have sync problem again since my loops does not sync with the BB. Only solution I have for this right now, is as earlier mentioned to unplug MIDI-connection when playing songs “outside” BB.
I´ve looked around for a solution for this, but not yet found one. I´ve had a lot of good advices and service from Pigtronix as well, but we´ve not yet found a good solution. If my issue is unclear I could make a short video to explain it (show don´t tell :))