BeatBuddy as Slave - Tempode as Master - Boss DR-880 as Master

Thank you a lot for your videos!
At this point I am totally sure you are making all the cable connections correctly.
I will pass this to our firmware team for further investigation.

One little thing I saw - I can clearly see the arrows-like sign (indicating BB is being slaved) in your DR880-BeatBuddy video:

I am curious when does it appear - right when you connect the two devices or when the actual playback starts?
Am I correct that there is no such sign at all when pairing Tempode with the BeatBuddy?

Last question - have you changed any setting on any of the shown devices, or you only changed cable connections between these videos?

When I connect it to the Beatbuddy or turn on the Boss DR-880 the sign on BeatBuddy immediately shows up - disconnecting or turning the DR-880 off, the sign disappears!
And you are right - there is no such sign at all when pairing Tempode with the BeatBuddy!
I have never changed any settings of the devices - I just changed the cable connections!

Thanks for this additional info - it is really important for our team.
I already reported your issue, it is pending for investigation.

Thank you a lot - I hope to hear from you soon! :wink:

@DeepBlueMind Our team is currently investigating your issue.
Can you please tell your BeatBuddy firmware version?

Press Tempo and Drum Set knobs simultaneously, choose About BeatBuddy, there is a string with Version: FIRM-X.Y.Z. I need those three numbers.
Thanks!

It’s 1.4.1

Thanks. Keep in touch! :slight_smile:

any news yet? :wink:

The last response I got from the firmware team was on 19-th. They are probably still trying to get this sorted out. By the way, can you somehow temporarily get yourself another tempode? Like go to some local shop (with your BeatBuddy with you) and just ask to try connections there.

It could really help in determining what to do next.

There is no dealer around in my country (Austria) but i will order one from a dealer in germany and test it with this new one! :wink:

OK - I got a brand new Tempode and it´s the same problem! This one is also not working with my BeatBuddy! :frowning:

Well… this is really awkward.

[SIZE=4]@MoltenVoltage said they have users who use their unit with the BeatBuddy. I have no idea whether it means their unit does work with the BeatBuddy or not. BeatBuddy is also using a simple

…And I still have no other news from the firmware team. To be precise, I am actually not the one they should normally report to, so I may just not have this information. I asked them again, and I hope I will have an update for you soon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Sorry for the really long wait and thanks for bearing with us!![/SIZE]

I hope, there will be a solution soon! But thx anyways for you help!!!

any news updates?

This is weird. Just curious: How do you power your Tempode? It does not like, as stated in the manual, to be in a chained PSU setup. If it works through a MIDI interface, I suspect you’re having a ground loop when connected straight to the Beat Buddy. I power my Tempode with a separate PSI/battery and have no problems (apart from trying to tap an even tempo with 8 divides tempos, but that’s on me).

I use a separate PSU but i will try to use a battery and see, how that works!

OK - it´s the same problem with a battery! :frowning:

Hi all,

BeatBuddy sent me a brand new unit to test with our gear, and I tested both Tempode[/URL] and [URL=‘http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/MASTER_CONTROL_by_PedalSync_MIDI_PedalBoard_Clock_and_Brain_by_Molten_Voltage.html’]Master Control and both controlled it flawlessly.

I plan to make a video this weekend showing them all playing nicely together.

DeepBlueMind, does your Tempode power supply deliver at least 9 volts DC at 150mA?

.:. Bill

I wish, BeatBuddy would also send me a brand new unit, because know I think, mine is broken??

MoltenVoltage, it’s powered with 9V DC and 500mA

Here’s the vid showing Tempode and Master Control controlling Beat Buddy…

.:. Bill