Thanks for your reply. My guess it need to be additional cymbals to maintain the feel as you emphasized.
My Roland TD-11 Module can assign any pad to any midi note i created a specific patch on the TD-11 so it would work with the BeatBuddy out of the box.
Because my drumkit generates way more sounds (and generates different MIDI notes for it) which are not all available on the BeatBuddy i needed to assign the same sound (the hi-hat open and close that is) to several pad actions to make it work.
I still think the BeatBuddy is great,… but as a drum module,… meh,… it misses something. Sounds kinda,… flat?
A lot of drummers would LOVE to get more (and way better) sounds out of their E-Drum kit. And BeatBuddy could be a perfect solution for that (most drummers drag in their laptop with ezdrummer or something to get a great sound but HATE to take laptops to a gig)
(and i even feel a recording functionality, and drum-training functions coming up,…)
Below, a list of actions the TD-11 supports.
I’ll try to get my hands on the MIDI implementation sheet of the V-Drums series: Ah, here is the midi implementation of the TD-12: http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TD-12_MI.pdf
Hope we can somehow make this work enormous grin.
Stuff that my E-Drum kit can do,… :
- stomp on hi hat pedal - yep,… the closing sound
- stomp on hi had pedal with a quick release - you probably could guess what that sounds like,… slamming the 2 hihat symbals
- hihat closed hit on bow (the middle) of the pad - clean hi hat sound
- hihat closed hit on edge - somewhat longer and dirtier sound
- hihat somewhat open bow and edge generate longer sounds (bow and edge)
- hihat open hit bow sounds a bit more like a small cymbal
- hihat open hit bow sounds a bit more like a small cymbal with some sizzle hitting the bottom cymbal
- ride generates different signals on bell, bow (middle) and edge
- the other cymbals have a bow and edge
- all cymbals can be stopped by grabbing the edge (my guess it stops the note, i can connect a midi monitor if we need the info)
TOMS & SNARE