BeatBuddy drumsets MIDI notes mapping

Here is the link to the files Neddy. I’ve also attached the two wav files I added. You need to copy the wav files to your workspace folder under default_lib/wave_sources for this to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/byi9x8wp9ba782o/AAC1DPaQqiBaFkQ5bApE2TwEa?dl=0

Many Thanks I’ll give it a go.

Hi. I’ve just ordered a BB and while I’m waiting for it to arrive thought I’d try to prepare some kits. The MIDI maps here are really helpful, thanks. A couple of questions:

• If I want my Superior Drummer/EZ clips to play, I guess I can just tweak the MIDI settings (instrument note values) on one or more of the existing BB kits to get started?
  • If I want my Superior Drummer kits to play on BB I will need to build kit(s) from scratch, again with tweaked MIDI settings. I’m guessing though the 100MB kit limit might mean I need to choose (eg smaller kit, limited layers).

It would be good to have a kind of ‘note correction’ function onboard the BB (Manager) to selectively adjust note values (so eg 36 becomes 38 or whatever) that could either be saved to a specific kit, or applied independently and upstream of whatever BB kit you’re using. Or perhaps there is one, if so please let me know and I’ll leave the kits as they are!

I also have a Roland JD-Xi which has some cracking drum sounds on it (I especially like the 707), at some point when I get the hang of this I’ll sample it and build a BB kit or two.

Thanks

Stew

Hi Stew - It appears this query went silent. I’ve just started grudgingly to learn a bit about MIDI in self defense mostly to translate possible outside sources (like EZD2) for BB. It would be nice to have simple translating function (which is what I believe ToonTracks EZPlayer has called a ‘wrapper’?). We can go into BB Mgr and see Not Supported and simply move it to a live channel using the drop down function so a customizable translator seems reasonable.

Stumbling on threads like this is a great feature here. I’m reluctantly learning about MIDI since like everyone I run up against problems in existing files or can’t find one that works. These exchanges point me in the right direction and anticipate issues (like finding how BB actually works) when they are so logically written.
BTW the cowbell .wav added to Mr Spencer’s Honky Tonk Women file is great. We use that (with modifications) but the cowbell doesn’t cut through the barroom din like this one should (higher pitched - trashier :slight_smile:

Hello everybody, with the permissionn of the Forum I go to make a contact with a member in spanish…hola Gerinaldo, quisiera contactar contigo eres el único que veo de habla hispana, yo soy cubano y vivo en Islas Canarias, saludos

^
You can also contact Gerinaldo or others using the private message (Conversation) method.

Thanks for answer, but I don’t know to do it…in private…

Using google translator- my question is if I can make a personal kit and mix instruments of 3 drum kits, latin, Flamenco and standar pro, because I want to make a song that goes from regueton rhythm, to flamenco rumba and cuban son

UPDATED:

• Click on the envelope icon at the upper right of the page
  • Type in the user name
  • Write your message
  • Press send
  • When the user replies, the envelope icon turns green

You can also reply to an open forum post via private message (PM) by

• Clicking on a user’s avatar (1) for the post you want to reference in a PM
  • Click on the Message button (2) when the information box is displayed
  • When the PM template opens, yype your message in the main body (3)
  • When complete, press Message (4)

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.29.52 AM

Thanks Persist, I just do it…

1 Like

hello, I am new to BB and this really helps!
Thank you very much

Edbeat

1 Like