BeatBuddy Manager 1.40 (Windows/Mac)

Does your project (that automatically loads when you launch BBManager) show you your Gig1 folder with that 3 or 4 songs you’ve put into it?

If yes, insert your SD card, erase all of its content (just to be sure), then select Import-Export > Export Project to Pedal and point to where your SD card is mounted in Windows Explorer (or Mac Finder).
After that make sure there are four content folders on the SD card - DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS and SONGS before inserting SD card back to the pedal.

I was afraid to erase the SD card that came with the machine so I tried to copy everything to a new SD card, but that did not work either. When I plug it into the BB machine I get some kind of error message. I plug the SD card into the side of my Mac Laptop and I get the 4 content folders, When I put the new SD card in and copied to it, I got a file that read Beat Buddy Project. When I click on that I open to the four folders.

I reloaded the BeatBuddy SD Card and it has 5 files. Durmasts, Effects, Params, songs, and Hash.BCF

You need to make sure these 5 files are on the TOP of the SD card and not in a subfolder.

You said there’s an error message that your BeatBuddy is showing you when you insert the SD card. Can you tell what it is exactly?
If it says “NO SONG”, then you need to move 5 files to the top of SD card. Please provide the screenshot of your Windows Explorer / Mac Finder so I could better assist you with this issue to have it resolved ASAP.

I went back, reloaded the whole thing and this time it worked. The saved files look like a school child’s notes to himself, ETC. But it is coming together. Thanks for all your help.

That’s nice, Jim!

Glad to hear you have this sorted out!! Enjoy your new drummer :slight_smile:

Hi,
today i updated to the newest BBManager. Everything works fine but every timne i start BBManager i have to wait about 10 minutes because a massage says “Parsing Project Files”.

Whats wrong?

Werner[ATTACH=full]1101[/ATTACH]

I remember I’ve encountered a mysterious issue once - a crapload of folders were automatically copy-pasted multiple times into my project, causing abnormally high loading BBManager times after restart. I doubt this is it, however.

@897, how many folders/files do you have in your project?

Mine takes 10sec, so this is strange and I also have lots of project folders.

I have no separate folders, everything standard. Before i made the update everything was okay.

Indid the following steps:

• deinstall the previous version of bbmgr
  • reinstall the new version
  • iimported from the pedal to the default project

Is this okay?

Werner

This does indeed seem strange. If you load the ‘SD Backup’ on a new SD card and create a project from that, does this still happen?

My first thoughts to such a slow loading time would be:

1. Software installed incorrectly or something got messed up in the installation process - But you uninstalled and reinstalled again, so let’s strike this one of the list…

2. Something is corrupt with the SD card or its content - This is a very similar symptom to drum sets loading verrrrryyyy slowly on the BeatBuddy (which happens to certain users who have a corrupt SD card/content).

Let’s check option #2. What happens?

here iam again,
something is strange!
I deinstalled everything and installed BBMGR again. When i started the program it was very fast but i could see nothing!
No Project, no drumkits, nothing.

Is there something wrong or what?

Werner

[ATTACH=full]1103[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1104[/ATTACH]

looks like it has lost its linked future sync path… what you can do is, import project FROM pedal, rename it when you save it and link for future synchronisation ( it will ask you for)…

You could also find the project on your computer within your BB workspace (it may be hidden) and then Export the project back to your SD card.

@897 There is simply no project loaded. Just open the project, or import it from SD card.

Hi,
i did a lot of tests but could not find the problem!. Every time i have to wait about 10 minute after running the program. Defiinitly its not the SD-Card because i had a Backup from the SD-Card and its the same proiblem.
Tomorrow i try to make a rollback on Windows 7 to get back a system with the old verson that works unfortunately i cannot use the function from the new versions.

Werner

Hi,
after a lot of tests i could fix the problem.
I would deinstall the BBMGR again but before i did it it made a right mouse click an did a repair. It took one secound do do this. After this i started BBMGR and had to wait about 12 seconds thats okay for me.

Now it works as as it should!

Thank you all for the help

Werner

I can not get this thing to work. I drug the software into a new SD card, moved the files to the top of the card but when I try to open the manager it gives me a prompt that says that is damaged and I should trash it. It has done this 4 times. Any suggestions?

Format the SD card. You need to only put four content folders DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS and SONGS on it. You shouldn’t put BBManager software on the SD card.

BeatBuddy Manager Version 1.50 ? ? ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-w6TO1l9c