BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac)

@Terry_Wysocki. There have been updates to the Beat Buddy itself about 6 months ago. https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/

Yes, the companion manager product is hopelessly dated. IMHO, there are a few basic things it should do well (sync).

1 Like

Synhronize project dosnā€™t work

This is a known issue and has been a problem for some time. Singular has been advised, well over a year ago; it might be two years by now. On a Mac, the work around is to use File>Export>Project to SD card. Usually after you do this, Synchronize will then work as long as you keep BB Manager open. Please be aware that Export>Project to SD Card will take a few minutes to complete. Just be patient.

2 Likes

And realize the above workaround will clobber the settings on your BB.

If you search on ā€œsynchronizationā€ in this site, you will find detail on a way to save a copy of the settings and restore them after the export. Some of the posts describe steps that donā€™t actually work, but the basic idea of making copies of files and then copying them back does work.

If you never close the BB manager or shutoff your computer, then you can setup and use sync. Or so Iā€™ve heard.

I understand some of the (self inflicted) challenges that led to this not being fixed already; this is not a sign of a well oiled machine.

Sadly, this doesnā€™t work for me on MacOS 11. The initial project import imports with missing dataā€¦ Exporting the project to SD prompts me to override data to which the only answer that will allow the export to progress is ā€œskipā€.

Does singular sound provide support. Iā€™d love to work with someone to get this resolved.

I had future plans of buying the looper and the maestro, but this is discouraging.

Please write to support@singularsound.com at your earliest convenience with your issue. Thank you!

@persist do we actually have a version of the Manager that will successfully output the MIDI files? I gather it never happened?

Hi, Neil. Do you mean Export to MIDI? If so, some users report that some of their exported files are corrupt and they canā€™t be opened in a DAW. Other users report that the files exported to MIDI are intact and functional.

I think SS tried to fix it in some of their beta releases of the BBM.

A post was split to a new topic: BBManager canā€™t be opened

5 posts were split to a new topic: Canā€™t launch BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) under macOS Mojave

Will the update erase any set lists I have in the BeatBuddy?

It shouldnā€™t. Make sure that youā€™ve synchā€™d your current project to your SD card and then proceed with the update.

What is the latest, least buggy beta version of BBM? Where can I find it?

Thanks

For the Mac, this is the only recent update When the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) doesnā€™t launch (or export a project to the SD card) in newer versions of the macOS and it resolves compatibility with recent macOS upgrades. It does not otherwise solve any of the other long-standing issues.

For Windows, thereā€™s nothing new.

Please forgive me if what Iā€™m asking is in a previous response but there is a couple of hundred replies above that are pretty time consuming to go through. Is the latest BBM software good to go for windows, are there any bugs/detrimental changes I should know about?

Yes, it would be great to know where we are headed today and now with:

BB firmware
BB manager
Guides

thanks!!

Nothing has changed since our latest update in this post. If there are any issues when using the BBManager in your Windows machine, please email me at support@singularsound.com

It is all still being worked on. When we have updates, we post them to the forum first. Regarding guides, I imagine you mean the updated manuals? If so, we update them when we release the official updates.

At this point (after far too many years of promisesā€¦ almost comical) Iā€™d withdraw any hope of enhancements, but I would LOVE IT if the bugs were simply taken out of the existing BBM. Maybe that could be a new focus?

Like the errors you get when you try to sync to an SD card but your song has an accent hit (you have to just keep clicking OK on the errors until it finally saves).
OR
An even more annoying bug, the BBM lets you insert midi files in songs and then randomly says a file canā€™t be parsed, preventing from any other midi files to be inserted. You then have to restart the program.

I know theyā€™ve said the code is junk and a rewrite is necessaryā€¦ but seriously.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a joke.
Nobody is that incompetent. Priorities lie somewhere else.
Very sad. I liked my Beat Buddy.

1 Like

I like the Beatbuddy and the software is a good theoretical idea, but it has a GUI that seems (oddly) pre-2016. Itā€™s like something from the early 00ā€™s (I keep expecting to hear the sound of dial-up internet).

Sadly, I think the high price point of Aeros for itā€™s limited features relative to competitors will do one of two things: A) Kill it and they will have time to work on their unmatched premium product, the Beatbuddy, or B) Kill it and they will become more distracted by the need to compete with a new product. Either one is not good for a company I like.

Here is an idea. Invest in yourself. Double down on the Beatbuddy (product family) and advertising for it while creating a premium editing interface. Game over for any pseudo-drum competitor!

7 Likes