BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac)

Hi, Rono. Since it’s a PC, try running the installer as an administrator. Here’s a link to a video to help you thru the process.

Are there any error messages? Maybe you’d like to post a screenshot?

Every time I start BeatBuddy Manager software 1.6.4.0, it wants to do an update to 1.6.4.1. I click update and it goes through the install but the update never truly installs and the update window pops up again. It just keeps doing this over and over. What is the issue?

Please read the post at http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/update-1-6-4-to-1-6-4-1-fail.6261/#post-25769
From the BBM menu Tools > Update > check the “Do not show notifications for this update again” box and you should be set.[ATTACH=full]3499[/ATTACH]

If you are using Windows, please ignore this update. See @persist’s response above.

Thanks for this. Is there an update version / release date list on this site for the Firmware and BB Manager software please?

How to enter in Midi file editor in the BB Manager all commands are in grey ?

Right click song part and then click edit

I’m under MAC OS and That doesn’t work. Your answer was for windows ?

Opps sorry did not see that.

Hmmm, jstrausss is right. You sure you’re doing it correctly? CTRL-click or (from a trackpad) hold-click, works on my Mac.

I’m only on vista with computer so I’m not getting the same info as windows 8, do you have a way to download using vista?

To download or to install as admin? Here’s the Vista instructions for running as an admin: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922708

I downloaded the new version, but after reading this thread I didn’t uninstall version 1.5 to be sure I could actually still use a version. The 1.64 version exe file won’t even run.

Hi there.

Sent an email about this but was simply told to redownload the latest version of the manager, which is what I’m running to begin with… the accessibility that used to be around no longer seems to be there. Screen reading software now reads nothing in the program, where it did in certain areas before. I really hope this will be remedied, as the BB has become an essential part of my gigs and I would hate to lose so much of its customizability and functionality because of a lack of accessibility in the software end. Thanks… appreciate the continuous support and updates, as well as all the amazing new content, which unfortunately is not usable by me at the moment.

Some more details would be helpful, please

The Windows file was updated since we originally posted the original post. The Windows version is 1.65 now.

Will it auto update from 1.6.4?

Here’s a copy of the email I sent which explains the problem. I checked the windows file I have and the version is 1.6.5.

Essentially, as blind users, we use software called screen readers to
read text that is displayed on the screen. When the original BB
manager came out, I emailed support informing you guys that the screen
readers were unable to read anything in the BB Manager window, and was
told this would be looked into. In version 1.51 of the software, the
acccessibility was there, although buggy. The screen readers were able
to read the basic file structure although badly, and I could create
setlists and add songs to the project without any issues. Importing
drum sets, working with parts, were still relatively inaccessible, and
it took me about 5 minutes to import each drumset that I did after
adding it to my project. Now with the latest version of the software,
it again is no longer reading anything.

That’s the issue in a nutshell. Appologies for the bother, but as I
said in a forum post I made this morning, the BB is an amazing piece
of equipment that has become an essential tool for me and one of the
most blind friendly drum machines if not the most along with all the
customizability. Unfortunately, everything from the premium content
library isn’t usable without the manager… which is currently also
unusable. Appreciate the time taken to read and respond to this…
thank you for understanding!

Thank you for explaining this. I will add this to the requirements list for the developers. This is not a guarantee that they will be able to restore (and hopefully improve) the functionality that existed in version 1.5.0.1