BeatBuddy Manager Software [NOT RELEASED YET]

How do I create/edit new songs without the BeatBuddy Manager Software?
I’ve got songs I want to add the drum beats to, but I don’t know how to combine the beats and loops.
Will the software be available soon?

Re: BeatBuddy Manager Software

The best thing you can do (while BeatBuddy Manager Software download isn’t available) - is prepare MIDI tracks.

To put it simple, BeatBuddy song consists of a number of different parts, each of them having a main drum loop track, a set of fills, and a transition fill, that gets played when song part is being changed to the next one.

First, find out how many different song parts you will need - will your song need a different drum track for a chorus? For a verse? Will it have a bridge, etc? (Note, that most BeatBuddy songs have 2 parts - this provides the most comfortable way to alter drum sounding while minimizing frustration from overly complicated song structure)
Second, for each part your song will have, prepare a MIDI file for a main looped track.
Third (optional), for each part your song will have, prepare MIDI files with all possible fills that BeatBuddy will be able to trigger while playing this part’s main looped track. Also, you can set one fill as a transition one.

After you’ll get your hands on BeatBuddy Manager Software, and if you already have the MIDI files from these three simple steps, it will be very easy for you to create a formal BeatBuddy song and upload it to the pedal.

At the moment, there is no other way to create a BeatBuddy song without Manager Software. But do You really need to do that? The software is very convenient, and easy to use. Anyways, always treat BeatBuddy as a work in progress - there definitely is a good chance the song creation process gets improved over time. Stay tuned!

At the moment, there is no other way to create a BeatBuddy song without Manager Software. But do You really need to do that? The software is very convenient, and easy to use. Anyways, always treat BeatBuddy as a work in progress - there definitely is a good chance the song creation process gets improved over time. Stay tuned!

Certainly need it if the software isn’t available. It’s all great to tout how great the Manager Software is and how you “shouldn’t need anything else” but if it’s not available, it’s not available…

I am really sorry, but when I wrote about BeatBuddy Manager, I didn’t even know about it was unavailable for download at the moment.

To be completely honest with you here, I would love to be able to create BeatBuddy songs without using the specialized software, using free formats and stuff. But, you know, copyright, licenses and shit… :confused:

How will we know when the software will be released?
I am very impressed with BB. The drums sound real and the genre and subsets are fast and easy to use and practice along with compared to using Garageband where there are too many steps before I could just play to a beat. Good Job! Can’t wait to see, and hope to input patterns directly into GB. I assume that will be part of the software and will work just as easy.

Just keep mashing F5 in your browser at http://mybeatbuddy.com/downloads/!

But actually, I think there will be a public announcement. You can follow these forums, main site, or official BeatBuddy facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/myBeatBuddy) to stay tuned!

Easiest way to find out when we release the software is to sign up to our mailing list here: http://mybeatbuddy.com/join

But when? David.

You can sign up right now, I guess.

I don’t know. Hopefully no more than 1 to 2 weeks.

Wrong answer man. You should know. At least you should have a time frame.

BUT you have my support. I have got the BB, and love it. still need to get the MIDI cable and the software manager, otherwise I cannot use it at this stage.

It is pretty hard to predict anything in a software engineering. You can set a deadline, but then you need to actually weigh the pros of releasing an unfinished program versus the cons of actually having to support it.

I say we be thankful they are actually working to give us a bug free manager. If you game or do much of anything on a computer, you know that most software is hardly into Beta before its released. In many cases, the software is then ignored if sales dont mean expectations.
Given that pedals have arrived to most everyone now, they can focus on getting this manager right. Which in the end will be far better than getting a bunch of bugs now.

Still though, you guys could release an Alpha for us. In fact, it would probably benefit the manager in the long run if you let those willing to accept the pitfalls of using an Alpha release. Not only could those of really looking for the manager get a taste, but we could help the developers find things they may miss or things that could use a tweaking. Then release a Beta to the general user (though at this point with only around 4 thousand users, we are the general user) for final public and developer insight. This way everyone is happy. Which would be glorious.

A 1 - 2 week delay is not that bad. Especially since this is a start up, with a lot of responsibility. I know there have been delays, however this type of crowd funded projects are full delays, and should be anticipated. I appreciate their quality control, during the manufacturing process (adapting footswitches with greater durability, at a small cost to schedule), and I assume the same quality control is being applied to the software. Small delays are worth the wait if the resulting product has a measurably higher quality… I don’t mind waiting a little longer.

Plus you’ve lived without this product your whole lives… what’s a week or 2 lol.

Beatbuddy software

Any ideas as to when the software will be available? Loving the pedal but would realy like to customise folders and beats.

You know what? You’re my heros :slight_smile:

I agree just release a beta with a disclaimer. I have come to know when you state 1-2 weeks its more like one to months.

Beta support is complex, and requires additional team members. If they are constantly distracted with beta issues, they will have issues with duplicate bugs, and management of these duplicates would slow down development dramatically.

Can a mod please make a sticky with a title that says SOFTWARE NOT RELEASED YET. RELEASE DATE UNKNOWN. Then delete all the existing and future threads where people are asking about the release date of the software.

As far as I know, I am unable to make anything sticky. There is simply no such option :slight_smile:

Deleting posts will only cause pain and suffering. People need a place to vent. Just keep it civil though.