Beatbuddy with Bass lines is Here!!!!

Great, thank you

Hi Stu,
first of all i want o thank you for sharing all the great songs to the users!
Today i tried Gravity and it works great with Bass. The only problem i have is the Key of the song. The original key for the Bass is G and i need it in the key of F.
My question is can i change it fast and how can i do it ore do i need to have special knowing?

Werner

Yes it is easy if you are already using a midi editor and applies to any song with bass. You can see an example of the bass “part” in a picture in post 13 in this thread. The Bass line is the yellow and the drums are the red. To change to a different key you need to move that bass part up or down the piano roll to the right key. In your case move it down two lines.

You will need to do this for each part of the song so you don’t end up with a part in the wrong key. Using beatbuddy manager you can export a part to midi. Open the midi in a midi editor, adjust the bass, save midi and then load it back into beatbuddy manager. I use Reaper as midi editor and it allows to right click and drag across the bass part to select all notes and then I use the arrows on the numerical pad on my keyboard (2 and 8) to move it up or down.

Good Luck and Cheers.

v cHi,
i work with Anvil Studio. With the “A Main.mid” i had no problem because i changed every note by hand. In “Fill 1” i transpose all tracks in 5the song and it works, but only for bass. Some parts im missing because they are transposed and now i cant here them. The problem is that i have only on track. The Anvyl Studio manual says i have to change the drum track from instrument to rhytm so transposing the drums is not possible.

PS
when i play the midi its not the same sound as in beatbudy. Can i change this?

Is there another way to make this?

Werner

Beatbuddy with base Lines (and, actually, any other instruments) is already here via Band in a Box whereby one can just mute all instruments one does not want playing (e.g., mute all but the drums and bass…and these are played by real musicians…hence, called real tracks) And you’re ready to go. The big difference is that BIAB is basically a preset for each song…i.e., nothing is done real-time while in the act of playing!!
Cecil

Hi Cecil,
thank you for your reply. I need this not often so i dont want to spend any money.

Werner

Hi Werner, I had a look at Anvil but don’t know how to work it so I have written a tutorial for using Free Midi Editor in this thread here.

Cheers

Hi Stu,
thank you for your manual. With anvil studio i found no way to select an area to modify. You only can select all!

Werner

Did anyone figured out how to eliminate that crackling noise ?

Hello :
I have a question , can you real time bass notes from a midi controller into this editor ?

EZ & thanks :

[SIZE=5]HR[/SIZE]

Hello Guitar Stu :

I am interested in buying a BB ,
I don’t own one as of now .
How do I listen to these files you posted ?

Thanks

[SIZE=5]HR[/SIZE]

You can actually download the beatbuddy manager software of the forum here and install it on your computer. This is the program you use to add user songs etc to the beatbuddy. The program has a virtual pedal in it that will allow you to basically to play the beatbuddy through the software.

Start here. The software can be a bit of a handful to get your head around but there are plenty of threads in this forum with info. Check out all the sticky threads.

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-software-1-64-win-mac.6232/

Thank you Guitar Stu

I just did it and the install went smoothly .

No to try and figure it out - Tutorial time I guess heh heh heh .

This is all interesting!

So - i`m thinking why not tackle the bass as BB has the drums. Do 3 samples for each bass note, soft, med, loud. First red flag i see is the size oif the kit may be too big for BB too handle… anyone tried this?

If this worked - it would be so great to have high quality samples of an upright bass recorded, as well as a classic P Bass sound.

Mmmmmmmm… Interetsing!

1 Like

I am thinking of using my BB to play basslines, but by actually transmitting the MIDI data out the MIDI out to an external sound module and not using WAV data at all. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

It’s possible, but probably wouldn’t work like you want. The main problem is that the beatbuddy can only play midi on one channel. If it could play multiple channels at once, it would be WAY more powerful: for instance, it could play its internal drumkit, trigger samples in an external player, play basslines on keyboard 1, play keys on keyboard 2, and control your lightshow. Oh, also, it could change the patches on everyone’s midi devices at the beginning of every song.

However, f the external device that plays bass could filter out or ignore the MIDI that is playing the internal drums, it could work. Maybe using some kind of split on a keyboard with the “drum” part mute, and the other part bass?

haha, not quite that many things needed. But one channel is all that is needed. MIDI filtering is pretty easy on lot of gear particularly keyboards, which is what I play. I usually do the bass parts live on the keys along with standard keys parts and vocals(with the drum machine) but there are some songs I’d like to do different instruments…for example playing a piano with a comping guitar part, or with some brass stabs etc etc, and playing basslines does not allow this, hence the question if the BB can transmit the MIDI bass notes.

All I need to know was if it could send just the basic data, the rest (external) I can sort out :slight_smile:

It sounds like it could work!

Hi,
I don’t know why i can’t click on your links.
Patra

https://forum.singularsound.com/t/beatbuddy-discourse-forum-error/5757

1 Like