Boss RC600 thoughts

My experience with Boss gear (rc-300 included), is that they’ll provide one or two updates, that’s it. If your desires are not included in those, bad luck. Let’s hope the rc-600 is an exception, but I put my faith in the Singular Sound guys, who seem to continue developing their products in accordance to user wishes. Of course we’d like it to go faster, thats true …

4 Likes

Yes actually. I hear it while I’m playing it. I also make it a habit to use the same tracks for the same parts. Ex: track one percussion, track two bass/rhythm etc. I loop on the fly and try not to look down constantly so as not to bore my audience while I figure out what I’m doing.

1 Like

My point is only that that they are not useless, even though they can’t be edited.

Same here. If I had known the new boss was on the horizon I might have waited for comparison

1 Like

The waveform is pretty nice to see the difference of levels into the 6 tracks
You know the track that you can mix, and you don’t need to search it
Let we suppose 36 tracks on your Boss Rc600
And you need to mix the track 24!How do you work on it straigh from your looper?
No problem with Aeros and waveform

Yes the waveforms are a big part of what sold me. I have no interest in the Boss as it doesn’t have the screen that pushed me in the direction of the Aeros.

But sadly I was just replaying songs I created and the waveform no longer keeps up on some songs. You can see it sometimes loading just ahead of what is playing and then it doesn’t show at all, then all tracks are playing but not any where near what is showing on the waveforms. Then the last track doesn’t play at all sometimes with or without the waveform showing. Seems like it may be the memory magic they put in the last update.
It is all over the place.
I just reported an issue of the last bars going silent here recently.
My Aeros has been showing a lot of bugs here lately. To think I was more worried about getting the midi update.

I am not giving up on the Aeros as I have had their BB since it was released. Now I am invested in the Aeros and the MM too.

I really really want to like this thing…and I do but come on guys, lets get this thing working the way it was intended. Please.

—EDIT—
The issues I mention above are the midi clock differences between the BB and the Aeros. They are on it. Working on the fix.

2 Likes

On a side note I personally feel adverting another product on this forum is a bit over the top and uncool. At least in the manor I am seeing here.
I can understand disappointment in the lack of speed with getting it up to speed with its claims.
And of course the bugs. Absolutely let it be known.

Now if they weren’t working on it and it ended up just being vaporware or something…I say gloves are off and lets have a book burning of SS products. But until that happens I will try to hold on.

I will admit I have not had mine as long as many of you so I haven’t felt the full term of the waiting.

If you are just trying to light fires under some ass…I just feel it is a bit over the top. Some have been complaining for a while yet they are still here heavy in very negative posting a lot. I guess if you truly don’t like it and cant handle the wait, maybe move on?

But hey, what do I know. It was only $600.

1 Like

You may feel it’s over the top but I don’t. We were sold a bill of goods advertising that the SS units could do things they still aren’t capable of years later. It wasn’t just $600, it was that plus the MM plus the beat buddy, footswitches, and breakout cable. Closer to $1250.

When we ask about dates for the things they sold us on they say “soon” and if that’s not a good enough answer they say we have other options. Heck, all they ever do on this forum is tell us the bugs are being worked on. This whole forum is beta feedback from the users!

Yes the waveforms are nice but I’d take functionality over looks any day. I really wanted the Aeros to work out but if it’s not working we’ll by December then…. :wave:. This feedback is meant to be a wake up call to SS and nothing more.

4 Likes

Completely true, they will do 1-2 updates to fix a few bugs. But also, everything advertised will actually work out of the box so arguably no need to do a bunch of updates. I think this is a sign of a much more mature company.

As for MIDI the RC300 doesn’t sync to external midi but it works great as a master. The 505 does sync and I would expect the 600 will, but we will see.

2 Likes

I bought all three also. Why count the other two? They are both quite usable alongside other products, on their own or together. So you cant lump them all as losses if you are not satisfied with one. I have hundreds of pieces of gear and they all can work side by side.

Maybe you misunderstood my statement- “It was only $600”. Although most of us have much more expensive equipment I meant that it wasn’t really cheap. Kind of a nudge to the other side of my argument.
Being that I can understand the aggravation.

I will admit using my Aeros has been limited for me. I just use it to practice as I wait for it to be “finished” and debugged.

So far saved songs have randomly had issues. Enough so that I save the files to my pc if I want to keep something.

We all would like to have everything perfect out of the box, understandably.
But since the digital revolution started I don’t think I have one thing that doesn’t have issues or isn’t set up exactly to my preferences.

Unfortunately, this is the norm any more. Especially with innovation being what it has been.
SS is no where near the monster like Boss and others. But I also don’t really see Boss as huge innovator either. Just little steps. Mediocre products at best. They play it safe to cater to the masses.
Boss is huge. They can prop themselves up financially from failure on their other products.

When I bought the BB I thought it would be a toy. Its not the greatest but I found it to be quite good for what it is.

SS is small and has only a couple products. But they seem to have a drive to be innovators, on a much smaller budget and staff than the big boys. We will see how far they succeed.

Knowing that and if money is tight people should weigh the options on whether they want to buy into being early adopters or not. If it is an issue than maybe think hard about buying it until all claims are met first.

If the Aeros doesn’t get where it needs to be and another product is released that trumps it fully I will move on and not look back. Boss aint it. But in the mean time there isn’t another one like it except that other oversized monster with the big screen that costs too much to have so many issues. That is why I chose the Aeros. If I am going to accept issues I would rather pay half, take a gamble and see what happens.

I just always thought it a little odd for people to sell other products on another companies forum which they maintain. They do have subforums for issues and complaints and such.

3 Likes

To be fair, the Aeros already does a number of things that are pretty cool. If you have a midi controller (no particular brand specified) that can fire off several midi messages on a single press, you can make a lot of what you need happen. A CC for overdub/record, some way of linking songs between the Beatbuddy and Aeros, and .wav import/export would certainly round out the Aeros’ capabilities nicely. Hopefully we’ll see that come to fruition.

3 Likes

And a functioning volume pedal via the expression jack, or a fade option when stop is pressed :grin:

2 Likes

Plenty of good followers, many of which are committed by faith or because to some 600$ and for others 1250$ is quite an investment Lets just hope SS understand they need to kick themselves into action or they will wither away like plenty of others before them. Enough with the excuses.

SS hire the right programers; fire the bad ones; sell yourselves to someone else who has money and faith if you and ypur products deserve such faith; and lets get the aeros where its supposed to be. Most of all stop taking us for what we are not: investors in a project. We are musicians and want working tools for our music. Not promises.

5 Likes

I am dubious the Boss could come even close to what I do w Aeros, BeatBuddy and Maestro. I’m getting steady top dollar gigs w this rig, replicating amazing songs all by myself. My experience with Boss beats is they have been marginally better than a click track

That said, SS should take this as a wake up call to improve their software development

Click track is more a métronome
Don’t confuse a metronome with a drum rythm
Click track is very usefull . I use this with my Beatbuddy together at begin of a recording

No need for rhythm sync port. You only need Midi In and Midi Out to send or receive midi clock. That’s all there.

True

Cool!

I broke down and purchased an RC-600. I held out for awhile, but I need a dependable looper that doesn’t randomly lose audio during a performance, has the ability to adjust the gain on inputs and will import/export audio. Those are basic requirements for me. The added features of the RC-600 are just gravy. I still use my Beatbuddy, but the Aeros just doesn’t cut it in a live environment. I make enough mistakes on my own, I don’t need help. I’m not hating on Singular Sound, but I have to do what’s good for me. It won’t be the first time I’ve taken equipment off my board that didn’t work out. Probably not the last.

2 Likes