Brain fart!!!!

I’m trying to add flute to Brushes W/bass kit and I’m having issues . It’s been awhile since I tried this any links or help would be much appreciated TIA!

This probably requires a larger tutorial which I am not quite up to writing this morning. But, let’s look at the basics and maybe something will clear the foul air around your head.

1. Get all your parts ready for assembly. That means I assume you have the Brushes with Bass kit at hand, and you have already made your flute samples with a 44.1khz sample rate.
  2. Check to see if you are going to fit within the 100mb limit. How big is the kit already? What is the total size of the flute samples you want to add? Is the total of these 2 numbers under 100mb? If not, you will need to either make shorter flute sample or cut something from the existing kit, or both.
  3. Save your project before you start to edit the kit.This is important because of step 5.
  4. Open up the kit in BBM by double clicking on it when the kit is selected under the drum sets tab.
  5. This is tip that I use, it preserves your existing kit and eliminates confusion with kit names. Once you open the kit you want to edit, change its name here:

[ATTACH=full]8332[/ATTACH]

Double click where it says Brushes with Bass. A drumset details window will open to allow you to rename the kit. Create a new name. The go to Drumsets>Save Drumset As. Save the Drumset with that name to a location you can readily find. Then quit BBM. When BBM asks if you want to Save Changes to the project, select NO. Then restart BBM. Go to File>Import Drumset. Import the newly named drumset. Find it at the bottom of the Drum Sets list, make it active, and double click on it to open it.
6) To add one flute note, go to Drumsets>Add Instrument. BBM will create a blank instrument at the lowest open number in the kit. If there is nothing already mapped at 0, it will be at 0. The Brushes with Bass that I have has a kick drum starting at 36. If you are using the same kit, your new instrument will be at 0.
7) Do you want to map your flute using 0 through 35 as the limits of its midi range? This would be OK, you just need to remember to transpose your flute down the necessary number of octaves after you produce the midi. Alternatively, the bass currently is mapped at 64 through 88. You could map your flute starting at 96, for example. Again you would have to transpose octaves, this time moving the midi flute part up. If you choose to go the 96 route, when you add an instrument in step 6, you will need to change the midi number from the drop down in the instrument. You will need to do that for each flute tone, since after you create the first one at 96, the lowest open note again is going to be 0.
8) Once you are done adding all your flute parts, go to Drumsets>Save Drumset. That will save the kit on the project. It is also a good idea to save the finished kit where you had saved the kit you exported and re-opened in Step 5. Do a Drumsets>Save Drumset AS, and go to original location to save your edited kit, replacing the old kit.

That should get you going in the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks man appreciate.

Hi Phil have you got the screen shot " [ATTACH=full]8332[/ATTACH]

Jan '18

This probably requires a larger tutorial which I am not quite up to writing this morning. But, let’s look at the basics and maybe something will clear the foul air around your head.

1. Get all your parts ready for assembly. That means I assume you have the Brushes with Bass kit at hand, and you have already made your flute samples with a 44.1khz sample rate.
  2. Check to see if you are going to fit within the 100mb limit. How big is the kit already? What is the total size of the flute samples you want to add? Is the total of these 2 numbers under 100mb? If not, you will need to either make shorter flute sample or cut something from the existing kit, or both.
  3. Save your project before you start to edit the kit.This is important because of step 5.
  4. Open up the kit in BBM by double clicking on it when the kit is selected under the drum sets tab.
  5. This is tip that I use, it preserves your existing kit and eliminates confusion with kit names. Once you open the kit you want to edit, change its name here:

[ATTACH=full]8332[/ATTACH]

I don’t have the original one from the tutorial, but this is what I am, referring to. Directly under Drumset Maker, where the kit name is displayed, in this case, “NP Jazz Trio Brushes”, click on the name (NP Jazz Trio Brushes). Then a Drumset details window opens up, and you type the new name for the kit in that window.

Thanks Phil

For the screen shots.

P.S. can you check your AoL email as chasing download link for LBDM 4BB Little Black Drum Machine.

Thank you Andy Ray