Can I change song key for OPB songs in BBManager Midi editor?

Another newbie question here… Haven’t seen any results in my search. Within BBManager after importing a OPB song, is there a way to change the key the bass plays? Took me a while to figure out how to even open the editor using a MAC, but searching finally found out that question. Used Cakewalk years ago and this was a simple procedure. Don’t have a midi editor, so I’m curious if notes can be moved and/or changed within the MIDI editor in BBManager. I’ve only been able to figure out how to change a notes velocity. Also, it seems to always prompt me if I want to quantize the song. If I do, it brings up another screen that I don’t understand! I’ve also looked for a tutorial that shows the Midi editor and what all the sections of the screens mean and do. Thanks.

The answer is “yes” but it is a slow and very tedious process. Much easier if you have and can use a DAW (digital audio workstation).

The MIDI Editor in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) was never really intended for much other than the lightest of tasks. For example, I only use it to check for Not Supported notes. For this reason, there’s probably not a lot in the way of documentation for using the MIDI Editor. If you want to give a DAW a try, take a look at Reaper as it’s trial ware and won’t cost an arm and a kidney. As any DAW though, it will cost some learning time. You can also find some tutorials on the forum for transposing bass. As far as quantizing goes, I don’t use that function in the BBM, preferring to use the DAW’s function.