Can't Import Drum Set

I just downloaded the Funk Standard Drumset but can’t get it into my BB Manager.

If I go to File - Import - Drumset I don’t see the window to select the file from. If I CTRL click on the file and choose Open With - BB Manager, nothing happens.

I’m on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.7 and have tried quitting and re-opening BB Manager. I’ve also tried deleting and reinstalling BB Manager but no change there.

Thx

Could the Finder navigation window be behind the BBM window? Try moving the BBM display to the side to see if the Finder window was behind.

Try unzipping and placing the drum set on your Mac’s desktop and then run BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) - File - Import - Drum set.

Also click on the BBM Drum Sets tab and scroll to the bottom of the list to see if there’s an open check box with your imported kit.

Another option is to re-launch the Finder.

Please let us know what you do to get it imported.

Hi, no, it’s definitely not hiding, and it’s definitely not in BBM with the box unchecked. Relaunching Finder didn’t help.

I had a similar issue with MuseScore after an iOS update and that was sorted with a plug in so don’t know if anyone else on a mac has had issues. I didn’t see much in the Forum.

Thx

Only thing I can think of is to see if other Finder navigation windows related to BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) activities function. Try these functions:

1. Click on the the Project Explorer field/name (beneath the Virtual Machine) and see if it opens a Finder window to your bbworkspace folder;
  2. Put the SD card in your computer slot reader and use BBM File - Export - Project to SD card and see if it takes you to a navigation window. Allow the export function to take place. Do any error messages display?
  3. Click on the Drum Sets tab. What, if anything is displayed.
  4. Try restarting your Mac in Safe mode; if you can find the BBM, see if the Import - Drum Set works properly now

If these functions take you to Finder windows with no error messages, only thing I can think of would be to quit the BBM, highlight the icon and then press ctrl-click and at the contextual menu, select Open. Now check for the File - Import - Drumsetsl function. If the Finder window displays, restart your Mac (in regular mode) and try again.

I’m in the process of checking out the process in Catalina and the BBM…

Just finished testing with Catalina. Tried to open the BBM app but it threw a security error message so I canceled. Highlighted the app and selected Get Info, checked the Override Malware box under General and the Allow Anyway; the BBM displays the Finder navigation window when Importing a drum set.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.44.55 AM

You might want to see if the Override Malware Protection checkbox displays and is checked; if not, check the box.

If you’re still having issues, please feel free to PM me or to contact Support, support@singularsound.com for help.

Hi, I can’t really say what happened but the problem is now solved.

I was getting nowhere and so i deleted the project in BBM and reloaded it from the SD card. This didn’t seem to work even after several closing and reopening, restarting the iMac etc.

After a few days I opened it again and the new drum set was there!

Thanks for your support!!

1 Like

Glad you got it working again.