Cheap Mac workarounds

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/deidelberg/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps97a5ba67.jpg

Yes, I really got that fortune last night.

I have installed Beat Buddy Manager in a Macbook Pro running windows 7 in bootcamp. This should work right?
BBM opens but when I go to import project from pedal it crashes. Any ideas? Should I uninstall and try again or what?
thanks

This sounds like there are problems reading/writing Windows registry.

Suggestions:

1. Try launching the program as an administrator.

If that doesn’t help, try this:
2. Don’t use Import-Export > Import Project From Pedal, and try use File > Import Project instead. When it asks you to choose the BBP file, go to the directory you wanted to “import from pedal”, extract this file there and select it instead.

When selecting this extracted project file, make sure there are usual BeatBuddy folders SONGS, DRUMSETS, PARAMS and EFFECTS next to this file.

I am logged in as administrator. Under File> there is only Import single file project which is looking for a .bbz file and the file I extracted is a .bbp If I go to File> Open project is won’t open because is says it is missing files.

Okay, I navigated to the actual program and got the option to run as administrator, but it is still crashing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BBM and it still does the same.

Okay that worked now have a project in the BBM, but if I try to export that to the BB it still crashes.
I don’t know how I can import and export songs and sets to the BB if this doesn’t work.

Okay i was able to get the files off of the BB and into the BBM by copying the orig5 file to the BB as a usb drive drive: H. Then I downloaded a new song from the forum and was able to import it into the project in the Blues song folder. Still can’t do export to pedal(crashes) but could do a save as and point to the H drive and sucessfully save the project with the new song to the BB. So I can get there but would like a fix. Thanks to Daefactor for the help. Should I report this to tech support or just wait patiently for the Mac version?
thanks.

What you should do:

1. Copy all the files and folders away from your SD card to somewhere on your computer, like “C:\BB\SD card content”.
  2. Place my file to that folder you’ve copied all your SD card content to.
  3. Open orig5.bbp via BBManager.
  • At this point you will be working on a local copy of BeatBuddy songs with a minimum risk to loose any data.
  1. Exporting to pedal will attempt to overwrite all your real SD card content with your local copy. You will want to do this when you create or edit some songs to upload them to your BeatBuddy.

The error you are seeing is because you attempt to work directly with SD card content. While it is totally normal, but you shouldn’t use Export Project to Pedal in this case, as your project is already there!

By the way, Mac version will work pretty similar to a Windows one, so you’ll better make yourself more familiar with it.

I have done exactly that. I have a copy of all the BB files in a folder on the desktop. I copied your file to that folder and then was able to open that project. Great! I then edited that project by adding a song. The question is how do I now get that project with the new song to the BB. Anytime I click import or export project from pedal BBM crashes. The only way I was able to get that Iproject to the BB was to File> save as and point to the BB as a USB drive. It then copied the whole project with the new song to the BB. I realize that is not how your are supposed to get projects in and out of the BB but the other way isn’t working.

I have a copy of BBM running on a Dell Machine at work and I got it going before my BB arrived and have edited songs and added songs and such and have never had a problem. I do really appreciate the help but something is still missing either in the way I setup BBM on this machine or in my understanding of what is going on here.

Looks like something is with your Windows registry. When I have time, I’ll look into what may be causing that.

But for now - don’t use Import or Export from/to pedal.

When you need to export to pedal - just copy everything from your desktop to SD card, overwriting everything.
When you need to import from pedal - just copy everything from SD card to your desktop folder.

Okay, great.
You very much for all the help.