Connection to MIDI

Midi Control manual indicates I need a standard 5-pin cable to access MIDI. I have the MIDI “breakout” cable. My concern is : I don’t see a corresponding MIDI 5-pin connection port. Do I need another adaptor/interface to accomplish this ?

The Breakout cable has the MIDI In/Out connections on the other end They are standard 5-Pin MIDI.

I have a 2013 Toshiba L55-B5338 laptop and I don’t see a MIDI5-pin

I am new to MIDI. I have a 2013 Toshiba L55-B5338 laptop and I don’t see a MIDI 5-pin receptacle on it. Do I need an adaptor ? So far I haven’t got much info from support@singular sound.com. I just want to put songs in the BeatBuddy and be able to advance them. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

Yes, you will need an adaptor such as the MIO iConnect https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mio+iconnect&hvadid=77996657729834&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_234mz8tqp6_e if you want to control your BeatBuddy from a digital audio workstation (DAW). If you don’t already have the Singular Sound MIDI Sync Adaptor, you will need that as well.

An easier solution might be to use a remote foot switch with your BB pedal to advance to the next song.

“I just want to put songs in the BeatBuddy and be able to advance them.”

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to accomplish here, but you load the BB with songs (really, beats) using the Beat Buddy Manager and either a USB cable or an SD Card reader.

Why don’t we go back to basics: Tell us what you are hoping to accomplish.

I have the MIO cable. I want to save songs in BB & be able to advance in the next song. I can get around on a computer but there’s a lot I don’t know. Jay @ S.S.is sending me “Documentation” & Tutorials. Plus I have a tech guy I 've enlisted to help me. THANKS

What it sounds like you’re looking to do is going to involve the Beat Buddy Manager. Good luck – let us know if you need any more help!

OK, THANX !