Default Content v2.0 error messages

On trying to install the new Default Content v2.0 I keep getting error messages telling me the project I’m pointing at is not a valid file.
I followed Goran’s instructions, deleted all the old files, checked for hidden files etc but still get the same message:

/Documents/BBWorkspace/default_lib/BeatBuddy_Default_Content_v2.0/projects/BeatBuddy Default Content 2.0 - Project is not a valid project file

All help/suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

• Quit the BBM
  • Delete the project with the Default Content v2.0
  • Download the Default Content v2.0 file again (it may not have downloaded properly)
  • Unzip the file you just downloaded
  • Drag or copy/paste the folder to /Documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects
  • Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File > Open > Project and navigate to the location above

Does it open now?

No, I’ve tried a couple of times now and the same error messages come up. I also tried unsetting and resetting the workstation location but that didn’t work either.

I can sort of replicate your problem based on the description of the location of your project folder: If the BeatBuddy_Default_Content_2.0-Project_SD_Card_backup folder is in your default_lib path, it will most likely not work
WRONG%20PLACE
However, if it’s located as in the screen shot below, it should work:
CORRECT%20PATH

If you still are having problems getting it to work, I can only suggest that you will have to follow the instructions I’ve posted to General Disaster Recovery.

Thanks persist. That backup file isn’t in my BBworkspace. I’ll try General Disaster Recovery.

Sorted. General Disaster Recovery fixed it. What a palava!

Thanks persist.

1 Like