Disable overdub after first record on loop?

Hi everyone
My guitar sound is rich with guitar synths, I don, t need so many tracks, I just need a solid rhythm or two & parts. Live it is too easy to make the mistake of pressing on overdub.
So is it possible to block “overdub” ? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I don’t believe there is anyway to disable overdub/record functions. You just have to practice using the Aeros as an instrument.

hello i work with looper since long time,

The Aeros can be a power-full machine for playback track in a show.
The playback track protection option, is not a big deal for a software.
Hope for a new firmware… :wink:

Hi there,

I has been requested that we create an RPM (record-play-mute) feature which would probably do something close to what you’re asking for but that is not a priority at this time and likely will not come for a while.

One thing that may be tripping you is the ROP vs RPO function, you can set this in the main menu. When set to ROP, the Aeros always starts an overdub once you stop recording, if you switch to RPO the Aeros always plays back and then allows you to overdub if you wish.

For now, all I can say is it is best not to engage the overdub if you do not need it, perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if the issue is not wanting overdubs, they are not forced upon you.

Let me know, thanks!

2 Likes

Sometimes I had the same problem with bad tap-dancing.

So if overdubs are not possible, you solve this problem.

That said … since I received my Midi Maestro, I no longer have this problem. And I no longer need RPM mode.
With my MM I prefer to assign Record and Commit to a single button, then assign the mute / unmute of my tracks on other buttons! So for critical actions like recording and stopping recording, I always use the same button, which can avoid handling errors. And I no longer have untimely overdubs, nor too many tap dancing.

2 Likes

I just wanth a track lock. If i have 12 songs live, with 2 or 3 track like rhythms verse chorus bridge, i need those track only in playback mode, i play over live. Like a band in the box with bass track, guitar track and keyboard track…My other problems is the sd card, i can only move song from sd to internal, but not "copy song " ?