First measure

Hello everyone,
There are some MIDI files that after going through Reaper to make some modification in volumes etc… when they are put in the BBM the song starts in the third measure and not in the first. I’ve tried everything I had in my mind but I can’t make this adjustment. Does anyone have any idea about this? Thanks.

Make sure the file starts at zero in Reaper when you save it and makes sure the file is some multiple of the time signature (e.g., if 4/4, the file must be 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 or 20 etc. bars long). When something starts in a weird place, it’s often because the math doesn’t work

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I think I’m getting it. I usually leave a few extra bars with 2 notes at the end so the looper doesn’t automatically repeat. Here must be the error. Thanks.

Yes, that’s the issue. Leave a few complete bars at the end and make sure you have a note in the last beat of the last bar. It can be a zero velocity note, but it must be there in the last beat because of the way the BB interprets empty space.

I’ve been testing and fixed this problem I was having on a few songs, now it’s all good. Thank you very much for your help.

Fantastic! The BB is a bit of an idiosyncratic device, but it’s a great piece of gear.