First timer need help

I just got the aeros loop studio and saved my first song.
Everything sounded great when I recorded it but when I opened the saved version it’s very distorted and clipping.

Hey there,

You likely want to turn down your input level and spread dense recordings with many layers across tracks.

To explain in more detail:

The Aeros has 3 possible files per track all in the same Stereo Loop Playback stream. The Base layer that was saved to the memory and is being loaded dynamically, the “Base” layer that consists of all merged overdubs that have not been saved and are in the RAM, and the overdub layer which is also in RAM.

Let’s say you record two new layers on top of your saved track, but your track was -1dB at some point, and your two new RAM layers are the same level independently at the same time as the saved layer. So far the track is not clipping very audibly because all the files independently are not clipping and the Aeros track itself has more headroom available, but on saving the merging can cause hard clipping because you’re well over 0dB once the file is rendered. We have been told by the devs in the past that more time could be spent to make the clipping “less harsh”.

This is really only avoidable by lowering the input and doing proper gain staging to avoid the overall mix getting too loud. This is something that will definitely be easier to accomplish in 5.2.x with the included input controls, the input will also be controllable via the EXP pedal. We may eventually explore allowing you to monitor track output levels in the mixer too but that is not currently a priority.

Thanks for reporting,

If you are not able to save without distortion happening even after turning down your input gain, please write to support@singularsound.com at your earliest convenience