Free MIDI editor designed for BeatBuddy

And intro part does, indeed, automatically go into part 1.
All other fills and transitions need to be triggered manually, though.

anyone want to show me the process in which I define the intro from part 1 and after running 2 verses of part 1,insert a fill,change the middle section just enough to swing a solo guitar section, then revert back to part 1 and finish with an outro/end fill? ya, I know I don’t want much…:rolleyes:

Just noticed that the open hi-hat doesn’t close when closed hi-hat is played after it in the editor, and the toms in the soundfont sound like they’re tuned a lot higher than in BB kit.

I can’t imagine that you are the first to notice this, however as this is a tool created by an end user in his spare time for editing midi files, I suspect most are just ignoring this. Most likely it is a setting in the sound font and as this is now freely available anyone with the knowledge to edit them could correct it.

Yeah the sounds I’m using came from a collection of waves that had been uploaded and they don’t seem to match the BB kit 100% (like the toms are way off) When I get a little time I’m going to correct this (I have 3 different music projects going on at the moment). As for the choking of the hi-hat, that’s not something that MIDI synthesizers know how to do actually. Most synths don’t care about a note-off event on the percussion channel, they just let the sample play out. The BeatBuddy pedal has the extra-smarts to respect choke-groups, to know that certain combinations sounds should not be played simultaneously, and polyphony, to know that certain sounds don’t “pile up” the same way cymbal swells or drum rolls do.

This is really great! Back a few years ago, I spent a lot of time “Step Writing” arrangements with a full compliment of instruments (Piano, Vibes, Drums, Guitar, Etc.) so this is right up my alley. Thanks to all that work at Beat Buddy to create this. This is my total dream besides owning the Beat Buddy itself. I now can create a lot of my own stuff which is even more fun. I created the Rhythm Track for “Caravan” a couple of days ago with the bridge drums set for Swing as was the original song along with the chorus which was random toms. It came out awesome! Thanks again, Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

^ It’s all Charles Spencer’s effort .standing ovation Charles (Y).
I agree,BB is just starting to come into it’s own , & the forum is alive with possibilities … :wink:

I get the same things as Marie Anderson, with no sounds above the “Floor Tom” except for the ''cymbals"
which seem to come out OK. The sounds are different and you have to load the results into the BB manager for testing the results. Timing is very critical and so is “Note Volume”, but other than that, it’s great for correcting small errors in timing in some of the “Fills”. With the help of the “Beat Builder” I am constructing my own Rhythm Tracks now and getting to where I wanted to be with my Beat Buddy.
Anything to make it better would be a good thing. Thanks, Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

cheers to @CharlesSpencer for the midi editor!
is there any way to use @Guitar Stu 's drums with bass instrument to create midis? To me, the pedal would be much more useful if i could make midis with bass for all the songs i want to do. My brain seems to have a disconnect on how to achieve this with any other editor, like garageband. does anyone else have the “drums with bass” instrument for any editor?

I do intend to correct the samples issues pretty soon, plus the other bugs here and there in the app. I’ve been very busy due to working on new material with a new singer I’ve hooked up with on top of the two gigs a week I was already doing. On the plus side everyone loves what the BeatBuddy brings to the performance, particularly the accuracy you can achieve in simulating the original track’s rhythm track, once you’ve loaded up the drum kits with all the extras.

I already have this little goodie and wouldn’t be without it. The real nice thing about this is you can save your own work and load it right into the BB Manager and play what you have created. You can also correct timing errors in some of the drum tracks that are slightly off. I had the original but this new one is a piece of cake. It is just great with the use of the BB Manager. The new version of the BB Manager has an issue that needs to be fixed ASAP. The “Buffering Time” will not stay set at the value someone puts in to adjust the playback to eliminate distortion in the drum tracks. It reverts back to 100ms setting when exiting the Manager. A glitch maybe? Can this be ratified quickly? Nice going on the Beat Builder.
Keep up the good work. Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

Oh… That’s pretty bad!

Despite it is a very easy fix, it may require some time to repack a new release version…
I’ve made the corresponding request in our bug tracking system for you.

Thank you very much for getting right to this. Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

Thanks So Much Charles, for your efforts. I just wrote my first song with your editor, and it works great!! Can’t wait to see what you’ll do next!!!

Thank you Charles for creating this - its pretty cool. I started playing with it and it’s fairly intuitive.

Yes thanks. It’s actually better than I expected. I’ll be using it a lot.

I haven’t looked into it, but would it be possible to make this stream midi to the BB now that that is an option?

Thank you so much for this. My biggest frustration with the beat buddy and playing it live was having a count in without having to sacrifice an intro. The latest update to beat buddy allows a count in but it is universal and can’t be customized for individual songs. This beat builder allows me to build my own intros with count in’s included. You don’t have to build them from scratch either. You can open an existing midi in one of the beat buddy midis and copy and past into your intro. Then customizing of songs is endless. It’s awesome!

Thanks for creating this,it is really helpful
I have a little request about layout
can you set an option to adjust the brightness of the programme?
it is kinda bright to use this on my LED monitor

A quick note to everyone. David himself fixed the “Buffering Time” in the latest release and now it works very well. Thanks David. It is much appreceated.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

Good stuff. Just what’s needed to create simple midi files from scratch. Kudos for both the effort and the result. :slight_smile: