Free unsynchronized loops feature requested!

Hello Singularsound team!
Please implement a free, and unsynchronized loop option.
I want to play Robert FRIPP style loops, that is unsynchronized and with different length and different degradatation/feedback settings.
This would be easy to implement a free, no master loop related, mode, and that would be so much more appealing to the ambient crowd who are using ancient loopers til this day.
Thanks team!

1 Like

Hello, if you are on the most current firmware (3.0.0), then there is a “free” mode, just turn off all the synchronization features in the song settings, though I suggest you leave Play/ Stop and Change Part setting to End of Loop in the Main device settings to ensure it changes parts at the end of the longest loop versus immediately.

We are currently in the process of making the Aeros more freeform friendly with more on-press responses for time critical features.

We have heard about the fripp mode, can you explain a little more, does it have any settings/ modulation or it is just dry delay? Thanks!

Thanks!
I will look into it. Here are Fripp doing it live.

He uses 4 units Tc electronics 2290 DELAY racks, with 20 seconds delay. There may be some ducking or some fading over repetition wichich would be cool feature on the Aeros!

Regards
Charles

2 Likes

I don’t hear modulation, but I think there is a ping pong delay from left to right channel. As the 2290 unit are famous for there unique ducking more, which can lower the delay signal when there is incoming dry signal, maybe he has that too going on.

It looks like a very clean delay, but modulation of time can be cool too.
Bests
Charles

I sugested a fading feature on this post: Decay for overdubs
I think it’d be a great feature!!!

This, times 1000! It’s essentially what I want a looper for.

1 Like