Hd500 connecting too BB with Midi cable.

hello. I would like to know if I can connect my Hd500 to my BB with midi cables.Will this be possible in order to sinc looper with the drum machine or visa versa?

This looks possible, try http://line6.com/support/topic/4026-hd500-as-midi-controller-for-additional-effect-units/.

For more generic help about using the looper on hd500 - check http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/76582.

Thanks for your help.
In the post you suggested I did alot of reading and im more confused now than before. There didnt seem to be a simple walk through approach to my question about connecting Beatbuddy to hd500 via midi. Thats ok, maybe someone will figure it out and post a reply to my question .

Everything I’ve been able to find on this has said that while HD effects (Delay, Reverb, Chorus, etc) can sync to a tapped tempo or an external midi clock, the Looper in the HD500 is VERY basic and has no clock, it just records/loops exactly what is played and so it cannot sync to any external midi clock - like the BB. I hope I can be proven wrong on this myself as I would like to avoid having to use yet another dedicated looping pedal. I just bought an Infinity Looper pedal just because it can be a midi slave to the BB.

Thanks J for this tidbit of information.’ Infinity’ looper you say , guaranteed to work and useless friendly?

Guarantee is a strong word and it hasn’t arrived yet so I don’t know for sure but every review and feedback from others on forums seems to point to it as the best solution (for me anyway) for the following reasons:

1. It supposedly can be the midi slave to an external clock (BB, drum machine, etc.)
    2.It has other features of performance looper that I like for live play/band situation
    3.It has memory
    4.It seems to have frequent and robust feature enhancements through firmware updates
    5.It has a reasonable footprint

I also have a Boss RC-300 and a Digitech Jamman Stereo in addition to the HD500X and a GR-55. I’m trying to keep my pedal footprint to a minimum and would like nothing more that to just have the HD500 and Gr-55 and BB for one of my setups but the other loopers I have don’t provide me with the 5 feature/benefits outlined above.

Long-winded way of saying… “I hope it works as I expect” :wink: