HELP! BeatBuddy won't read SD CARD! Show Tonight!

Possible but not likely.

They could do that however, that’s not quite as important as knowing what caused the issue in the first place. If you decide to send them your project folders, make sure to zip them and provide a Dropbox link as the file sizes may be larger than the forum or e-mail limits.

Another tip, I don’t update my OS or mission-critical software or firmware prior to an event—only afterwards :grinning:

Have a good gig tonight.

I never understand why people keep content on someone else’s computer

Hah! It’s pretty handy, really! Your content is always backed up, and setting up a new laptop is as simple as signing into iCloud or Dropbox. And any document/file/song I need is available on any device I have.

I had a similar problem recently. My way around it was to create a new workspace folder, then “New Project”, then copy all files and folders from the old workspace folder into the new workspace folder. Everything worked fine and synced properly after that.

I have tried purging/creating a new project from my working SD card. That didn’t fix the problem. Trying now to create a blank project and dragging over the contents from my backup…

And no dice. My current state:

• 1 Mac (2017 MBP, 11.6.1). Can export to any card with no errors. But no card that I export to will load in the BB Pedal.
  • 1 Mac (2014 MBP, 11.4). Can export to any card some cards work:
    ** 4GB that came with the pedal - seems to always work.
    ** 4GB card that I bought…mostly works…but sometimes still gives the No Card or No Songs message. Once it even loaded the songs, but didn’t have the tempo or the drums or anything else…so I could scroll through but not play the songs
    ** 16 GB card that I bought…seems to always work
    ** 2x32GB Cards that were working fine until this past Saturday morning, but now neither one works regardless of which Mac I use to export to.

I also just tried downloading the default SD backup and copying it to a reformatted 32BG card. No dice. Won’t load on the pedal.

At any rate, I have 2 working cards, 1 mostly working card, and 2 cards that don’t work at all. And 2 Macs that act differently (one that never ever works no matter which card I export to…and one that works on all the cards except for the 2 32GB ones).

I’m using a Mac (late 2014, 11.6), so I don’t think that Mac OS updates are the culprit. But maybe there is some “permission” in the security setting of one or both Macs, especially if you have Malware protection running.

I would try going to “Applications”, then right-click on BBManager.app, then check the box “Override Malware Protection”, and also make sure that it has full read-write permissions.

And if you have not already done so, re-format the SD cards in FAT32.