Help the BeatBuddy into a happy future

It’s a $200 pedal. That’s about the going rate for two gigs for a live drummer, who I guarantee won’t be as predictable as this pedal, which hits the same drum at the exact same time every round. If you don’t care for the timing, this device gives you the accessibility to change it. My bandmate has been in the game for 50 years, and he doesn’t have any problem with it at all. If you have such an issue, which only seems to bother you, and you’re unwilling to do the programming to suit your particular tastes, perhaps you should just return it and call it a day.

In the first place, it’s my choice to have my own opinion. Secondly, there are a lot of other people on the same page, if you noticed with the same complaint. If you don’t like my comments, that’s your privilege but don’t give me your BS about what I should do or what I shouldn’t do. If you like the peddle the way it is then enjoy it. I will get the “Quantized Version” for me. Just watch me. This company ask for my opinion and I am giving it to them. It shouldn’t be any concern of yours. I’m done conversing about this.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

I certainly didn’t pay $200 for the Beatbuddy. It is a great pedal but as you said you are entitled to your opinion. Raising issues will only help make the pedal better in the future or bring ideas to the forefront. You can always quantize files in a midi program like cakewalk and then reload them into the beat buddy. I think in beat builder you could probably drag the notes to the exact location. I haven’t had many issues with unpredictable live drummers. Certainly not the rock steady guy that I play with.

As a matter of principal, I paid the full price for the pedal which was $350 about 2 months after it was released. I didn’t say the Beat Buddy was a bad pedal. I’m just saying that for the price I paid, I should be able to request a Quantized version of the drumsets. I did not like the performance of the pedal “Out of the Box” initially because of the sloppy sound of the drums. I already have “Quantized” over 100 songs to make the record clear. I shouldn’t have to keep doing this, that’s why I am asking for the “Quantized” version. There are a lot of issues, even with the new drumsets that are available for a price. If you listen carefully, there are “Double Hits” from a Fill, Intro, Transition, right at the end of the phrase when it comes back into the “Main Beat” of the song. To me, this is unacceptable and it does throw the timing off. I found a way to correct this and have mentioned it several times to the staff.
When doing recordings, these “Little Flaws” are quite noticeable and not acceptable as a finished product. This should be noticeable to everyone else that owns the Beat Buddy also. I have heard numerous complaints about this same issue so it’s not knew. I seem to be “Singled Out” as the only one bringing up this topic, but the problems are there if people would just listen a little closer. If I am ever asked, I will explain some of these “Defaults” in detail and how I correct them if anyone is interested. If you like the pedal the way it is, then you don’t need to read this. If you notice the same defects as I do, then bring it to the attention of the staff and we can possibly get a few things corrected. In the meantime, I am still requesting a “Quantized” version for the drumsets for the Beat Buddy.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.