Help with bass issue

I thought I was using the notarized version. Pretty sure about that, but maybe I’m wrong. I will download the notarized version and try again.

Yep. Downloaded notarized version, compared to my installed one, same data, creation date, etc.
Nonetheless, I deleted my old app and proceeded with the new downloaded BB Manager.
The issue persists. I will try the beta now…

Phil. I downloaded and installed this version and immediately was warned that it will harm my computer. I believed it is the non-notarized version. Went ahead and located the 1.6.6 notarized version and installed that. Opened it, but the problem is still there. My bass notes sound for a full 4 seconds before fading. @persist did try my midi, I will ask some more questions to him…

I am testing right now. I think I found some issues and answers. Will keep you posted. Thanks to all.

Guys and gals, I think I got it figured out.
My first error was listening to the midi song in the “Midi Editor” of BB Manager (really, guys, THAT is not a midi editor :laughing:):
For example, I imported a midi file to a song part, right-click on it and select edit, to make sure the mappings were correct. Once there I clicked play, just to be sure everything sounded right, and by doing that, I would not hear the correct timings on the notes. My quarter notes sounded for 4 seconds before beginning to fade!
If I got out of the Midi Editor without applying any changes, and then click play on the main BB Manager window, everything would sound perfect! Crazy.

SECOND issue- if I made any changes on the midi editor, then the bass note duration would be messed up forever! Say I enter the editor and changed the velocity of one kick and click “Apply” to save the changes, or maybe delete a note, then I would lose the correct timing of the bass notes. That’s just messed up.

Soooo… Correct workflow for me would be open the midi in any of the tools I have, making all necessary changes and correct mapping for the kit I plan to use there, and then, at the very end importing to BB Manager. And DO NOT change anything midi-related in BB Manager, or else you lose the note offs and timing, etc…

At least until we get BBManager 2.0… soon… right? :wink:

I would like to thank all of you who took of their precious playing time to help me. Grateful! To @JoeInOttawa , @Phil_Flood and @persist , hats off to you.

Joel

3 Likes

I bet I speak for all of us when I say I’m just glad you got it sorted out. Even more so that you shared the solution.

By the way, the included MIDI editor is not a Singular creation, but, rather something one of the forum members built. Singular added it to the package (against their better interests) because people screamed for it. It’s not bad for a home brew, but I personally would never use it. I prefer to use something built and proven for the task.

Have a great weekend – welcome to the wormhole!

:slight_smile:

Joe

Thanks for the info Joe, didn’t know that. Very resourceful forum members, that’s very visible for sure.
I, for one, am very grateful that the midi editor shows in a very direct manner the mappings of each drum kit. It permits me to double check the assignments I make in midi, so kudos for that.
May you have a great weekend too.