Implementing looper into the BeatBuddy

I use the Boss rc-3, if you could make the beat buddy looper pedal operate in roughly the same way but also sync with the beat buddy, that would be great for me. If you could also give a visual representation of where the loop is, that would make overdubbing much more intuitive. Having the data on an SD card would be great for syncing with my PC, same as beat buddy does now. Also please make sure the jack sockets line up, so they can fit nicely side by side on the pedal board using straight jack connectors. If you can keep the same form factor that would be cool, I like the chunky beat buddy shape, it looks and feels like it will last a long time
Thanks for listening
'Rep

For a looper from my point of view it’s essential that it has:

Full MIDI clock sync, control of all parameters via MIDI CC. Pigtronix have got this working pretty well.
Expandable and replaceable memory that can use full memory card capacity, not limited to 32G when 128G and higher cards are common these days. Needs to be replaceable quickly like the SD card on the BB.
Must be stereo.

Lining up the jacks with those on the BB would be nice, but as the BB has the switch pedal connector on the input side that’s probably not that important for people who have the switch pedal. Alternatively, connect the switch pedal input of the BB back through the LB (Loop-Buddy) with another straight jack-jack and bring out connections for all the switches on a 5/7 pin DIN on the LB and sell an all-in-one switch that controls both boxes. Same for the MIDI - link BB to LB with a mini cable and use a breakout cable on the LB. Call it BuddyLink. Hey, I should be in marketing :slight_smile:

Mike

Team, I am all set to buy the Beat Buddy and the Jamman XT Solo looper. I just came across this post. What is the status on the looper. I can hold on to the looper decision if it is out anytime soon.

Strictly my opinion and not based on anything other than a SWAG (simulated wild-a$$ guess), but we probably wouldn’t see anything before this December.

Here’s my 2 cents on a looper…

1. I wouldn’t make a new looper device, I’d make a new version of the Beat Buddy with looping built in
  2. Allow a footswitch button to be assignable to a loop (similar to how a single Ditto looper works) - just for basic looping usage
  3. Loops would be quantized to the active playing beat
  4. If no beat is playing, calculate the BPM from the loop length (starting the beat will queue it for the loop start)
  5. Add support for bluetooth MIDI - so we can directly pair devices such as the iRig Blueboard AND control via iPad.
  6. Allow loops to be stored and loaded.
  7. Add MIDI control for all looping functions
  8. Support the usual looping stuff (layers, multiple loops in serial or parallel mode etc)

I just got an RC-3 and my BB is on the way. Please advise how you use the RC-3 looper into your setup and how you setup a loop and the beat. Which technique? thanks
WOW BB made Loop pedal would be much nicer so they talk to each other.

The RC-3 has no MIDI so it wont be possible to sync it with BB !

Yes I know that the RC-3 doesnt have MIDI, which is why I’m considering sending it back. I was wondering how you were using the RC-3 in your situation as it appears thats the looper you use.

I found out about the BB 2 days after I had already ordered the RC-3 and then started to think about getting the ditto x4 instead for the MIDI sync feature once I knew I was going to get the Beat Buddy. But it seems that the ditto x4 still has issues with syncing up w/ BB and its beta is not fixed and full update version not yet released so…

thanks

Hi there kinglerxt !

I am syncing my BB with my Boomerang 3 !

Don’t know where you got the idea of me using a RC-3 ???

The BB is the master and syncs beautifully with my Boomerang 3.

I highly recommend the Boomerang 3 - BB combo, it’s simply awesome and have made me a much better player in every way !

Here is a couple of vids from the inventors:

Ok sorry about that. I somehow read something about RC-3 and clicked reply so…dunno…too many late nights reading too many posts/watching too man BB vids :slight_smile:

The Boomerang looks like a very cool product

No problem !

The Boomerang is by far the most musical, versatile and clever designed looper IMO !
The only thing you cant do is to save your loops !

Really nice people if you have questions about the product !

I use a Digitech Jamman Delay looper to record and save my loops made with Boomerang.