Import SD card content into BB Manager on my PC

After saving my project onto my PC in BB Manager more than 12 months ago, I have since used the BB Loader software to add new songs and rearrange song order on my SD card . The problem is that it does not appear in BB Manager so what do I do to sync this? I tried using SYNC PROJECT but have no idea what it has done and everything still looks very different in BB manager than on my SD card. So, how do I synv so thatv my whole PROJECT syncs to mthe SD card and not the other wayb around? After 2 days of trying I would appreciate any help. Thanks

1 Like

Please avoid posting in all-caps as this is the Internet equivalent of shouting. I’ve edited the subject of your thread. Thank you.

1 Like

Because you’ve been managing the project on your SD card using the BB Loader, this most likely means that you’ve cut the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and your computer (for saving your project files) out of the loop.

I don’t have a working version of the BB Loader on my macOS (Sonoma) to try and replicate what you are doing but here’s what I’d try:

• If it’s open, quit the BB Loader
  • Insert the SD card into your computer
  • Launch BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)
  • Use BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your SD card; press Okay or Open
  • Save the project giving it a new name to your bbworkspace folder on your PC

Do the songs and folders appear in the same order as they appeared in the BB Loader?
Do the songs and beats all play correctly in the BBM?

Let us know…

1 Like

Apologie for that, I have a dodgy keyboard and didnt realise I had done that. Have a great New year and thanks for your help over the years.

1 Like

Another question related to this. Would it be easier just
to start all over again , buy a new SD card and reload everything?
(I would buy the Complete 2023 Content card but the Aus dollar is so crap against the US dollar that it would codst more than I paid for the BB.

If you perform with the BeatBuddy (BB), it never hurts to have another SD card as it’s cheap backup insurance.

If you are not gigging, you don’t need to replace your card unless it’s nearing capacity or acting wonky. Even then, you can most likely get by with just reformatting your card.

Why are you thinking of starting over?

You could use one card for the Loader and the other for the BBM.

1 Like

The reason I’m thinking of starting over is that my organisation on the card is all over the place.I ordered my beatbuddy when pre orders were taken (years ago now) when it first came out but I still have a lot of trouble working out how to add content and the whole Project thing. I seem to have projects all over the place and never seem to be able to sync anything (it never seems to work so I resort to the loader). Maybe scrapping the lot and starting all over again might be far easier.

I see. Thank you for explaining the issue and your intent. It doesn’t hurt to do some housecleaning. I do it once every year. I’ll provide an outline tomorrow on the process.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I hope that 2024 is a good one for you.

Thank you. And wishing you a wonderful new year as well.

In a nutshell, the process involves backing up any project and premium content you want to keep, finding and deleting all BeatBuddy (BB) folders and files on your computer, deleting the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and downloading, installing and configuring the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to operate to meet your preferences. I’m also providing some tips, techniques and procedures (TTP) to help you avoid the challenges you’ve been experiencing.

1. Back up project and premium content
  • Your most current project is most likely that which is on your SD card
  • Easiest way to back it up is to create and name a new folder on your desktop, select and copy all content on your SD card and paste it to the new folder on your desktop.
  • If you have any premium content you have bought or any user-created content (songs and drum sets) you should probably place that stuff into another new folder on your desktop
  1. Find and delete BB folders and files on your computer
  • Use Windows Explorer to find and delete all folders named user_lib and default_lib from your computer. These two folders typically hold all of the data needed for your BBM to manage your content.
  1. Delete the BBM and bbworkspace folder
  • The BBM application is probably located in your Applications folder; find and delete it;
  • Since the BB Loader does not store data on your computer, it’s optional if you want to delete it (I recommend you keep it, at least for the time being);
  • You may or not have a folder named bbworkspace (BBW) on your computer;
  • Use Windows Explorer to find the BBW folder (it should be located in your user/documents folder and there could be more than just one copy (if so, delete all of them)
  1. Download Singular Sound applications and content
  1. Install the BeatBuddy_Manager_lite_1.6.5.exe app by double-clicking on it and following all of the Wizard prompts; do not launch or open the BBM yet;
  • Check your user/documents folder to see if a folder named bbworkspace was installed;
  • If should contain two folders user_lib and default_lib (which are pretty much empty placeholders);
  • If not, create a new folder and name it bbworkspace but do not create any other folders within it;
  1. Install the Default Content 2.1 on your computer;
  • Copy and paste the folder named BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project to user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects
  1. Launch the BBM; it will probably prompt you with Windows Explorer for the location of your project;
  • Navigate to user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects/BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project and click Open
  • Your BBM should now display the genre folders and all of the drum sets should be available;
  • Import any premium content or user-created content using the BBM
  • Save your project
  1. Configure your BeatBuddy (BB)
  • Place the SD card in your computer slot reader or external USB media reader;
  • BBM > File > Export > Project to SD card; you’ll be prompted to overwrite the contents of your card—approve the overwriting and accept future synchronization to the SD card from your BBM
  • Eject the SD card from your computer and with the power off on your pedal, insert the card and power the pedal up
  • Your content should display on your pedal; adjust the pedal settings to your preferences

Tips, Techniques and Procedures

• You can move your songs within a folder using the BBM keyboard shortcuts shift-arrow-up or shift arrow down; so no real need to use the BB Loader for this task:
  • This applies to folders as well;
  • Save your project in the BBM often; synchronize frequently;
  • Do not create new projects or use Save Project As using the BBM. Why not? This is where you begin to lose control and create confusion by saving your projects in locations other than the bbworkspace folder;
  • Try your best to use either the BBM or the BB Loader but not both. Why not? Because by using both, you are making it difficult for the BBM to keep track of the changes you make on the SD card.
  • The BBM, as wonky and as outdated as it is, is how I recommend managing your BB content. The BB Loader is a stop gap method to simplify the process and workflow for users that are new to the BeatBuddy system.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via forum private message. Good luck

Thanks very much Persist, this is brilliant!

1 Like