Individual "song" volume setting

I use Onsong so I just set the volume for each song through midi. When I was using a volume pedal I used one that allowed me to set the minimum BB volume I wanted for the heel position and the maximum BB volume for the toe position. That way for most songs anything close to the middle would work and I didn’t have to worry about over-adjusting volume as I was playing.

This problem was highlighted 5 years ago & still hasn’t been resolved?

I’m new to BB but anyone who has gigged with drum machines, rhythm loops or suchlike knows that one of the major difficulties is getting the volume correct between the different songs/patterns/loops etc.

The level of the drums is there on a knob so how hard can it be to be able to write that volume into a song & save it either on the pedal itself or on the (inconceivably awful) BB Manager software?

I’ve read posters some work around with volume pedals or levelers but that is random, not precise & who wants to take more gear to the gig than necessary?

Controlling the volume through Onsong seems like a good option but again that’s relying on a 3rd party app & shouldn’t really be necessary.

This is a premium product at a premium price, I don’t think it’s too much to ask?

2 Likes

For what it’s worth I’ll add a +1 for this feature request. I gigged with the Beatbuddy for the first time last night and was really frustrated to have to keep reaching for the volume fader on the mixer as the volumes between kits isn’t well balanced. These are all kits provided by singular so should be balanced with each other in the first place. But a software volume control for the drumsets should be an easy implementation.

I’ll add another +1. I’m still relatively new to BeatBuddy - I bought it about a month ago to prepare for upcoming duet gigs (guitar/vocalist). Volume of beats varies pretty widely, and adjusting volume on the fly obviously isn’t a practical solution because it would require me to know what adjustments need to be made for each tune. Also, it’s difficult to calibrate the adjustments on a pedal, which as a practical matter means doing it by hand (on PA/amp/mixer). Seems like a relatively easy fix would be to build in a volume adjustment for individual songs in the BeatBuddy Manager.

I agree with this thread entirely!

I use BB live in a duo setting (2 vocalists, me on guitar and my Wife on guitar and sax). A handful of the the songs we use (THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE!), are either VERY LOUD or very low.

I use an Ipad mixer (Behringer XAir 18) with the two BB channels (L & R) faders linked and keep it next to me on stage. I have notes on my charts and setlist to lower (or raise) the volume for the offending songs. This is a bit of a pain, but it works!

Inasmuch as I am using both channels, I would need 2 volume pedals for some of the suggestions above and, frankly, I don’t have any more room on my pedalboard.

Just my thoughts! I’m not disagreeing with anything said. Just offering options.

Have a great day!