Infinity drifting with BeatBuddy

I’ve read of others having good luck with the Infinity looper, but mine is drifting slightly in what should be a pretty simple situation. I have tried what I can think of – swapping MIDI cables, using factory songs instead of the one I created, trying various options on the Infinity MIDI menu, etc., but the same thing keeps happening. Both are updated to the latest firmware available.

Running a very simple song on the BB, just a single 4/4 measure at 72 bpm. No fills, no intro, just the basic 4/4 kick on 1, hats on 1s, rim shots on 2 and 4.

Infinity is in Series mode, sync is on. Pulsing with the “1” on the BB. Record 2 measure pattern, hit the button again, starts looping, in sync, will stay that way forever, apparently.

Hit loop 2 to record a 9 measure chorus, get done, hit loop 1 to change back over. Remains in sync, everything seems fine.

But switch back and forth between them a few times and the BB gets ahead of the Infinity, and it gets progressively worse.

Any ideas? I wish Pigtronix had forums like these but they don’t; maybe someone has encountered a similar situation?

Had no issues with the pig-looper yet, dont know what causes this, but you can contact support, theyre very helpful… http://www.pigtronix.com/support/contact-us/

There is another feature, what might help you, its called "stutter". It resets the loop syncing to the quarter notes (you have to hit the switch at the 1 of the beat (inaccuraties will be corrected syncing to incomming Midi clock), maybe you can get the beat back with it...? ( you have also set the "overdub sync to loop boundaries" in application. Maybe you have to experiment with it a little, but its the only help I can imagine, since I`ve never noticed this issue… I wish you good luck, and please give feedback…

I know you can configure the individual Pig presets slots to sync to either a beat or measure, any chance that has something to do with it, like you’re starting loops on a certain beat, but the Pig isn’t finished counting it’s measure yet?

I thought of that … and did make sure this particular preset was a 4/4 preset. It’s perfectly repeatable, and if you stop the BeatBuddy and restart it, everything is perfectly synced again until you change back and forth a few times. It seems to me that the second loop is either opening or closing a fraction of a second too early, and that gets progressively worse each time you change loops. The folks at Pigtronix are looking into it now.

I also picked up a Boss RC-300, which does what I want the Infinity/BeatBuddy combo to do effortlessly (the RC-300 has drums onboard). But the drums on that are not editable and you are stuck with their patterns and samples.