Is anyone using MIDI to control their BeatBuddy?

If I am reading the MIDI manual correctly…

If I send my BB CC-112 with ANY value, it will play the next fill in the sequence. Can anyone confirm that?

And if I send a CC-113 with a value of 127, it will transition to the next part. Can anyone confirm that?

And finally, if I send a CC-115 with ANY value, it will play the outro. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Joe

@JoeInOttawa not sure what midi device you are using but regardless of make, CC commands remains the same.

CC-112 any value from 1-127 will trigger drum fill if there’s one in your song

CC-113, for you to go to the next desired part, you have to have a value 0 triggered or else it will continue to loop

CC-115 any value from 1-127 will trigger outro

Hope this helps!

@JoeInOttawa - i am using MC6 and here’s how i assigned song parts transition:

I use the CC toggle hold midi type at CC 113 so that when I press the switch, it starts the transition and when I release the switch, it sends a message to finalize the transition. To transition to part 1 of the song, value 1 is set at 1 and value 2 is set at 0. To transition to part 2 of the song, value 1 is set at 2 and value 2 is set at 0.

It does, very much.

I’m a bit confused by “CC-113, for you to go to the next desired part, you have to have a value 0 triggered or else it will continue to loop,” but I may have misread the manual on that. I just want the BB to play the transition roll and move to the next part. The manual says “127: Starts transition, will jump to next part on exit Transition.”

Are you saying I have to send two CC-113s – in my case, 127 (for next) and 0 (for, okay, stop rolling now)?

I just read your second response – thanks! I assume that the transition roll will finish before starting the new part, yes?

Yes, you need to have the value 0 to make it work.

Of course, that makes perfect sense, because the BB pedal works exactly the same way. I just would not have figured that out the first time I tried it. Thanks for saving me some headaches!

glad to help!