JUST ONE MODE

Hello .
Here is a suggestion, let me know what you think.
Why not remove the 2 x 2 mode and leave only the 6 x 6 mode with the possibility of choosing the number of tracks and parts before starting to record and also keep, as for the 2 x 2 mode, the change of parts with the transitions of the BEATBUDDY? Everything would be much easier to use.
Thank you.

1 Like

Oh I get what you mean. Yes that seems like a good idea. I suppose in 6*6 mode you could just record what you need anyway.

Might be confusing if the operation of the device footswitches changes dramatically when you have more than 2 track or 2 parts.

I do see the benefit of having a simple UI with 2 tracks (mapped to two buttons) but more than 2 parts. Might be a good idea if the buttons are directly mapped to the tracks when you have two (or less) tracks in a part. But then the UI gets a little more complicated once you go above two tracks. Some issues to work out (and I doubt SS would ever go for it).

I do like the idea of being able to chose the number of parts and tracks (for other reasons). There is a feature request for this somewhere…

It’s a nice wish, but I think until/unless 6x6 mode is as functionally easy as 2x2, it’s a reasonable compromise.

Personally, in my use I rarely feel limited by 2x2 mode, and 6x6 hasn’t had much use. Since it requires more tap dancing to use 6x6, I appreciate that they added 2x2 mode.

1 Like

Hey there,

We do not plan on going this route, but thank you for the feedback.

The thing that we are most likely going to look at, if we do, Is the concept of setting how many parts or possibly how many tracks are in a song. The problem here is the changing behavior, and what people expect to be able to do in each track set-up. The amount of possibilities makes this a rabbit hole for us, and so it’s something we are willing to explore, but later on as a future feature.

Here is that request.