Life before BeatBuddy...

I thought of something today while being amazed at what I can now create and do with this pedal…

Imagine learning a new language (in my case, music), and being able to get by, but not knowing the proper punctuation or what annunciation can do…

You could talk but not without being confusing or annoying at times with run on sentences like this one with no punctuation whatsoever it gets a little hard to read at times for sure would you agree yes or no please and thank you very much you are a friendly person and ill like you always frank watch out that dog bites cant wait for next Thursday time is such a drag

With the beat buddy, ordinary chord progressions that normally wouldn’t get any creative juices flowing - even with a steady drum beat, come alive with spontaneous rhythm accent’s this pedal can do… Going on from there, before beat buddy I couldn’t ‘feel’ what it meant to play in say 3/4 time… now I know! As I’ve rounded out my knowledge of theory the passed few years, this is like a whole new dimension of music knowledge just opened up.
You learn something about drummers too… When and why fills sound good… what cymbal crashes can offer to your soloing improv’s and on and on… Real drummer’s don’t have to fret, as this will enable a new spectrum of understanding between my playing and any real live drummer I jam with in the future.

Just thought I’d ramble on a bit…

To be honest, despite you were specifically trying to make incorrect sentences, I actually had absolutely no trouble parsing and understanding them, and they made perfect sense to me!

I totally agree with you on the whole new edge of music. When I received my BeatBuddy I just hummed three half-muted simple power chords E, C and D… and then played and played on top of it and just couldn’t stop until I’ve come with that video from my signature!! :slight_smile:

I can share what I’m learning.
The Beat Buddy is helping me to learn how to set tone. When jamming alone I just dialed in what sounded good to me, which was bass heavy. Needless to say once the Beat Buddy was playing I sounded like bovine excrement. Now I’ve learned that midrange is the happy place for a guitar to play with drums. It has been SLOWLY getting easier to dial a workable tone. My MXR 10 Band EQ and BBE Sonic Stomp have been getting ALOT more use with the Beat Buddy.
There is so little information out there on setting tone, that I’ve overlooked what little there was.

My life before Beat Buddy was this thing . . .

wait until you start trying to find your guitar’s place in the mix when playing with other people…