Loopers compatible with the BeatBuddy

@rDin Can you confirm that this workaround works with the new RC-500 and the BB?

Electro Harmonix 1440 looper is compatible with the beatbuddy. Listen to start and stop from BB. The only downside is that it will use fixed 4/4 and 3/4 beat

Please do not double-post. Your duplicate has been removed. Thank you for understanding.

Hi I have an infinity too are you able to save the beat buddy tempo when you re call a song with the infinity? how do you go about syncing it? thanks

I use the Boss Rc-5 with the Beatbuddy. I have the Boss as the slave on the midi clock sync. It works great.

2 Likes

Jam man solo xt will this work with the beat buddy?

Hey! can you tell me what cable you use? I am having a hard time finding what I need. I had an RC-3 for years and upgraded to the RC-5 just for the sync function.

Thanks

Amazon.com: BOSS 5ft / 1.5m Angled MIDI to 3.5mm Straight TRS Cable (MBMIDI-5-35): Musical Instruments

You need one or two of these depending on how you’re routing your midi signal. You would only need one cable if you’re using the Beatbuddy as the master clock and the Boss as the slave. Beatbuddy midi out to Boss midi in.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the above assumes you already have the Beatbuddy midi adapter:

1 Like

You can easely replace the micro Sdcard, you just need to write the .bin image of the looper on your new one with a software like ImageUSB . You need a class 10 micro sd card (I speak about the Infinity v1 ). About preset change you cannot do it with the footswitch (maybe on the V2) but I think no .

Anyone use an EHX 1440 or 22500 with Beat Buddy and Midi Maestro? I’m wanting to use MM to control BB and a Looper using some prerecorded loops to trigger. Thanks!

Has anybody found a workaround for the new RC 500 mastering to the BeatBuddy. Got it to work with my RC 300, but no joy so far with the RC 500. Halp.

Same setup here and I get tight loops. Happy so far.

thanks @persist to keep this list in the top message, I am not going into Aeros as I just need a small and simple device that allow me to record 1 track to play chords on which soloing. From a view of the compatible hardware I see that only bigger or more expensive machines are listed, not sure about the EHX series as few machine are included… e.g. the EHX Nano Looper 360 would also works? Or the 720? if anyone has some experience on this series it would be useful info to specify them on the list :slight_smile: and what about the new small Boss models? like RC1 Still no good? I saw a message saying the RC5 was working… should we add somehing to the list? thanks.

1 Like

Hi, Marcello. It seems like this thread has taken on a life of it’s own and spawned other posts throughout the forum as well as to this thread. Be more than happy to add to my OP however, there are so many fine (and maybe not-so-fine) looper choices that will integrate with the capabilities of the BeatBuddy (BB) that it would be difficult to keep my OP current and accurate as manufacturer firmware updates try to keep up with the “latest and greatest” features.

Since you are also a BB user, I’m guessing you’re going to require the ability of the looper to be synched with the BB, correct? Several of the users have posted their experience with the EHX and Boss loopers for example, the EHX 1440 and the Boss RC series.

So, at the moment, you are in the market for a small and simple looper, you might be better served by listing your required looper features and then checking out the product manuals to see if the features will meet your needs. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, come back to the forum and search and ask if and what users’ experience with product A or B might have been.

2 Likes

thanks persist for your answer, looking around I see that is not a straightforward yes/no answer for the compatibility, so I see that keeping the first post update would be quite challenging… I’ll continue evaluating what’s on the market :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Marcello
First of all, for a looper to stay in sync with Beatbuddy it must have midi capabilities. Loopers like EHX 360, EHX 720 (I have one), Boss RC-1 don’t have midi in/out and so can’t synchronize with external midi clock. Anyway it seems that the moderator isn’t trying to be accurate in the listing concerning the new Boss RC-5, Boss RC-500 and Headrush Looperboard. Don’t ask me why.

thanks @XBeat, for the details on those loopers, it helps me to adjust the shortlist. :slight_smile:

@Marcello
I use Boss Rc5 slaved to Beatbuddy, Its ok for single track looping. Syncs nicely and starts/stops on BB’s start/outro or pause/unpause. Only thing to consider is that you will need to get Boss Midi to Trs cable to link up assuming you already have Beatbuddy breakout midi cable.
Also bare in mind, you will have to set the same time signature on the RC5 to match with the song playing on BB, which i did not know until owning one myself.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Pigtronix Infinity 3 works perfectly

1 Like