Loose knobs, no sound

So my tempo & drum kit knob on top of my beatbuddy are loose. With that, the sound crackles in and out, especially when you touch the knobs. Does this mean I should tighten up the knobs? How do I do that? Couldnt find a tutorial or pics how to do it. Please help.

I have the same problem. I opened up the bottom 3 screw, and saw the PCB board, but I cant reach the knobs. Dare not go any further. Help needed.

Which problem do you have; loose knobs, crackling sound or both?

If crackling or bad sound, contact Support.

I think, but am not sure that Drakelife had his pedal replaced under warranty. Since you already removed the bottom plate from the pedal, there’s probably no harm in trying to snug the potentiometers so that they are no longer loose.

For the sake of convenience, I removed the volume knob on my pedal (easier for me to do because of my sausage-sized fingers :wink:).

The old versions of the BeatBuddy pedal had knobs that were held on by allen screws in the knob. The newer version pedals (which you probably have) are held on by friction which means you

• pull straight upward on the knob to remove it from the shaft.
  • Once you’ve removed the knob, you should see a hex-shaped nut that is supposed to hold the potentiometer in place to the pedal frame.
  • You need a thin-wall socket to fit in the shaft well (good luck finding one) or you can try using a pair of needle nose pliers to gently snug the nut to the pedal frame (shhh, don’t tell anyone but I used my daughter’s eyebrow tweezers). Notice I said “snug” and not “tighten.”
  • Once you have snugged the potentiometer to the frame,
  • use a small amount of Loctite applied to a toothpick and dab it on the outside of the hex nut and the frame (do not apply it between the shaft and the nut). If done properly, this will help keep the nut firmly in place so that you don’t have to repeat the process. Let the Loctite dry.
  • Align the flat side of the knob with the flat side of the shaft and place the knob on the shaft.
    Press down on the knob so it slides back onto the shaft. Do not press too hard—you want the knob to be at the same height as the other knobs.

Because of the noise issue, I recommend you contact Support, support@singularsound.com for replacement under warranty as there’s no guarantee that the above will solve your problem. You bear all the risk of damaging your pedal further invalidating your warranty if your repair effort fails. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

I tightened up the knobs and it fixed the issue.