Loosing 5.5secs off front and off the back on import midi file

Hi all,

been using BB for several years, so reasonably aware of various idiosyncrasy of the BB… but got a new one on me - I’m trying to create new song with bass (NP StdPBass 63-91 kit loaded).

I get all my master files from midi.au, which includes all of the instrument’s tracks. I use Anvil Studio midi editor. I delete the all the tracks not required, so end up with just drums (track10). Then correct any anomalies of midi drum assignment (normally Kick drums 37-36 etc.) Then export the new drums only midi. When I then import the new file, BB manager is chopping the front 2.5 bars of music off the front - or 5.5secs) A few of the drum assignments have also changed again. At the end of the track, it’s also lost a few seconds.

Original file is 72.5 bars long, once imported it is 69 bars.

If I open the exported midi drums only file in another midi editor, all the bars are present.

Anyone got any clues?

The song is Son of a Preacher by Dusty Springfield. So if anyone’s got a full song with bass that would be great.

I’ll work up the one-press variants as I have a MIDI source file but it’ll be worked up for use with the SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31 kit.

If you’d like me to take a look at your work, be more than happy to do so. DM me the MIDI exported from Anvil.

I’ll download the PL Bass kit now. Sending you a DM as well.

There are a couple of versions of the song - some o fthe free midi versions have a bit funky drum pattern. I prefer the midi.au version.

1 Like

You could also try putting the original midi file through midi buddy and see what happens

1 Like