Lost drums somehow

All I have is standard only …no idea where all my drums went,I had Metal,Rock,World,Pop,Country & Punk dunno where they all went. What should I do?

Congratulations for finally being able to extract the four content folders on the SD card! :slight_smile:
Now you just need to use BBManager to add your own songs back to the project and then Sync (or Export to Pedal) your changes to the SD card.

Yeh but How do I Re-add them?

Are you sure you have read the manager tutorial and watched any of the tutorial vids in my signature?

Yes Im sure. …Hey thios software is a tad bit qwerky to get used to …And obviosuly Ive already messed up more than once so I wanna be sure on how to re-add the drums before just “trying something”… cuz it doesnt work well for me.I need to know how would one of the other more knowledgable BB users add back the drums had they accidently lost them.

I assume then you took a backup, in which case open the backup project (wherever you saved it) and all should be back :slight_smile:
If you haven’t do you still have the SD card backup then reimport the project from that as you did before.
Some of the things you mention are folders others are drum sets
I assume if you click on the drum sets tab there is nothing in it?

When I open the “drum” folder on my sd card, it only shows the word “standard”, nothing else.

Just downloaded the SD card contents from the site.Opened my SD card & deleted everything so its empty …then drug each thing over from the Cotents I had just dowloaded from the site & placed them on My sd card one by one with Drumsets being at the top of the list. Opened manager.adjusted it how I wanted it with a few beats named & also a few genres deleted. …when I had it how I wanted it I hit Export to SD card it looked like it saved it then asked do I want to syncronize i n the future so I said “yes” & it then gave me an error message …so I tried several more times,finally gave up but made sure to hit Save Project as before closing the program …when I opened it about 10 minutes later,its missing all kinds of things …the drumsets,the songs … dumbfounded here. Its looking like the BB manager is not in the cards for me & that I wont be able to modify or set it up & will just have to use it as “default” as it came & thats it.

I am going to spell this out clearly, if it sounds rude I apologise but you appear not to understand much of the instructions in the tutorials, videos or manuals.

ALL EDITING NEEDS TO BE DONE IN THE BEATBUDDY MANAGER SOFTWARE.
DO NOT EDIT THE SD CARD DIRECTLY!
DELETING CONTENT FROM THE SD CARD WILL STOP IT WORKING!

ONCE YOU HAVE THE CONTENT ON THE MANAGER SOFTWARE AS YOU WOULD LIKE - THEN EXPORT THE PROJECT TO THE PEDAL.

IF YOU HAVE MESSED UP YOUR SD CARD -
[LIST=1]
[]USE THE SD CARD BACKUP TO CREATE A NEW ONE.
[
]IMPORT THE PROJECT FROM THE SD CARD AND SAVE IT ON YOUR COMPUTER.
[]CHECK THAT ALL THE CONTENT IS THERE.
[
]TO BE SAFE, SAVE IT AGAIN AND CALL IT BACKUP.
[/LIST]

NOW YOU CAN START EDITING THE PROJECT IN THE SOFTWARE, REMOVE DRUMKITS, FOLDERS AND SONGS.
[LIST]
[*]IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE USE THE SOFTWARES UNDO FUNCTION.
[/LIST]
ONCE YOU ARE HAPPY EXPORT THE PROJECT TO THE SD CARD WHICH IS EITHER IN YOUR BEATBUDDY OR YOUR CARD READER.

I did this,when trying to export project to SD card it would not allow me to. … Error message. Now I cant remember what the error message said but it will not allow me to export the project to the card .which is what puts me back at square one. I KNOW its frusteratying to other readers that I cant get thios to work right, thats how I feel that it wont work right, but thats why Im asking on here why it isnt working, to make sure im doing it right. - You mentioned I have to erase memore card FROM the manager & NOT directly from the card itself …Not sure how to do that because …There will still be files on the Card if I have the manager open, Im assuming. …Anyway,Tonight I will attempt doing it again exactly how you said & WHEN i get the error message, I will write down exactly what the error says & go from there.

I think you should talk the tech support guys into doing a screen share with you. You can use Google Hangout, or Skype, or a number of other options. I’ll bet you are just doing one tiny thing wrong, but that’s all it takes.

@NAME NAME NAME NAME i am suggesting taking it one step at a time, don’t worry about the SD card. Ensure you have your project fully working in the manager software.
From what I can gather it appears you are rushing ahead and your many different posts are causing confusion. Because if you have lost drums you must have had them before, in another post you asked how to delete songs so you must have had them as well.
You may want to make contact with @BeatBuddy Support directly as suggested above.

I had all the drums & in the beginning I was asking how to delete songs due to just not liking or needing them, so I learned that. The problems all start at not being able to save my work! Exporting isnt working & save project as …is not working & I dont know why. So This is where the issus are at.

I may need to resort to that aashideacon …I will; see if I can get the card back to default again …I have the file saved on my hard drive,just gotta find it, then drag the files onto the SD card.

OK-Got the manager open now. under “songs” i have Nothing. CAn someone tell me how to get the files from the FINAL CONTENT folder TO my sd card ??

File > Open Project then choose your SD card drive (it may say “removable drive” or something of that sort).

[Edit: If you have “nothing” under songs, that probably means that you don’t have a project open, which is why I added that instruction above. Please add a screenshot though just to be sure.]

Regarding the lost drums, after you created your project and linked it to your SD card via synchronization (the program will prompt you to sync it after you save a local copy of your project on your computer, it is all part of the process in creating a project), please go to the drum set tab. What do you see there? Do you see all the drums in italic font, or some of them in regular font, possibly with their checkboxes unchecked? When in doubt, add a screenshot to your response.

NAME NAME NAME NAME said:
OK-Got the manager open now. under “songs” i have Nothing. CAn someone tell me how to get the files from the FINAL CONTENT folder TO my sd card ??

[ATTACH=full]1286[/ATTACH] MY SD CARD ^

I never have saved any projects. I just used the pedal on my songs. I just downloaded the Beat Buddy manager today…but I’ve had my Beat Buddy for over a year now. So I screwed something up somewhere, when I wanted to download the new Phil Collins drum kit. Well that didn’t work out well, cause all my drums are gone now. No folders, no drums, nothing. I’m no computer genius, but there should be a way to put this SD card back, like it was when I received my Beat Buddy right? I just want my drums back…please.

I’m having the same problem man…don’t feel bad. I can’t get no drums either.