Mac OS Ventura

Hi Folks, I have recently upgraded my Mac OS to Ventura. BBM is still working but, suddenly, updating my memory card with a setlist - which used to take 5 mins - now takes nearly 20. Has anyone come across this before? The last few versions of the Mac OS haven’t allowed the “sync” function - which had meant that only the changes to any setlist or content were updated and took a few seconds. Without this the whole card is effectively being rewritten. Is there a workaround for this - as I often update my card just before I leave for a rehearsal or performance, and 5 mins is manageable… but 20 makes me late?

This issue has long been known and is a bug in the Mac version of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

There are two workarounds:

1. Use the Loader software to synchronize your project to your SD card; you can continue to use the BBM app to edit files and folders. If your Mac doesn’t have a built-in SD card reader, buy and use an external media reader—don’t connect your pedal using the USB method.
  2. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper to clone your project to your card. The first time will take a while but after that, it will quickly sync your project data.

Let us know if either of these two help. If not, I may have another workaround.

Thanks for the quick reply, I already use a card reader as - for some reason - my pedal has never worked with the cable. It just crashes BBM as soon as I try and copy.
But I’ll give the clone options a go

I use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) instead of Time Machine for backing up my computers on a regular basis. The bonus has been the ability to synchronize the BBM’s project to my SD card without having to constantly use the BBM Export function.

This is how I set up CCC to clone the project to the card:

Thanks again, I really appreciate it, but both that and Super Duper are paid software and I just don’t have any funds available at the moment. Are there any free workarounds?

I DM’d you. Check your forum inbox.

I also use CCC. Super fast. I even backup to a second card, no issues.

1 Like