Merge two SD cards?

How can I merge the content of two sd cards into one card on the computer? The bb pc software does not provide such an feature…thx

You’re right, the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) does not have this capability. You can however, blend the contents of two SD cards into a single project using the BBM. Here’s one way of doing it and I’m sure other users may have come up with other methods. For convenience’s sake, think of your SD cards as being named “1” and “2”

1. Insert SD card “1” into your computer SD slot reader;
  2. Use the BBM File > Open > Project on SD card “1”;
  3. Save the project giving it a new, unique name to your workspace as prompted (I would suggest naming it “Target” as this will eventually end up having the songs or folders from SD card “2”);
  4. This uniquely named project should now be open and active in the BBM; if it isn’t, use the BBM to open “Target”
  5. Eject SD card “1” from your computer;
  6. Insert SD card “2” into your computer SD slot reader;
  7. Use the BBM File > Open > Project on SD card “2”;
  8. Save the project giving it another new, unique name to your workspace as prompted; I’d name it “Source” just to help you keep track of projects;
  9. This project should now be open and active in the BBM;
  10. Identify the folders and songs (and drum sets) that you want in the blended project on your workspace;
  11. Use the BBM > File > Export > each individual song or folder that you want in the blended project;
  12. Export the songs or folders to some place easy to find such as a new folder on your computer desktop;
  13. Use the BBM > File > Open > Project and open “Target”;
  14. BBM > File > Import each of the songs or folders from the new folder on your desktop;
  15. If you had drum sets in the other project, try this:
  • Click on the Drum sets tab (you’re still in the project named “Target”;
  • Find any of the drum sets that you might want that have open check boxes and click on each one that you want; save project;
  1. Since this “Target” is a new project, use BBM > File > Export > Project to SD card and accept the prompt to Synchronize;
  2. Eject the SD card when done;
  3. Insert the blended (“Target”) SD card into your pedal; if you are using a remote (external) foot switch, reset the pedal settings.
3 Likes

Super, thanks a lot,
persist :slight_smile:

1 Like

can i export several folders at once? or just one by one?

One at a time.

Same answer applies to combining two projects into one? Is it possible to copy and paste (the contents) into one outside of BB manager? That is take Project A and copy the contents of Project B into it. If you opened it up would you have a project AB so to speak. This would give us the advantage of combining the contents of the Premium Library with Groove Monkey.

No. The reason why you don’w want to do this (copy and paste) is because the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) is required to edit and manage BeatBuddy (BB) files, songs, beats, drum sets and projects.

If you want to merge the contents of two different projects (let’s call them A and B and you want to merge the folders from A to B), use the

• BBM File - Open Project (navigate to A) and select Open

• BBM File - Export - Folder to select and export the BBM folders from A to your desktop

• BBM File - Open Project (navigate to B) and select Open

• BBM File - Import - Folder (navigate to desktop and select folder), etc.

1 Like