MIDI Editor?

Tried this… open guitar pro file, export as midi, open in logic, delete all parts except drums, export as midi, import into ezdrummer… all good… import into BB… not so good, kick is gone. I had a look through all midi notes but am completely clueless how to change them. I realise I can move events to different midid notes but the process gets longer and I still am unsure where to move them to. Yes, I have the midi map notes but I play guitar and still have trouble with C3, C2 etc…

Tried exporting BB midi files to import as a template in DAW… CRASH!! (not the symbol kind either) every time… If you want me to send a report let me know.

edit seems stable now but learnt I can’t export any midi
It seems the idea would be to create a new drum kit with the correct notes mapped to logic and/or ezdrummer. I don’t know where to find those mappings but if I do I will post them here.

C3 and other such note marks are only complicating things. Ignore this notation to keep it simple.
You should only pay attention to the numbers. MIDI note 36, 38 or 44 - this is what matters.

Looks like your problem with missing kicks is that your result MIDI file you import to BBManager has MIDI notes 35. If you change them all to 36, and you’ll be good to go.

Thanks, still no luck finding a completely list of Notes to sounds but I’ve seen the GM standard and there are slight differences but going through all the sounds to find them takes time. If anyone knows where a list of parts are or how to bring them up in logic that would be appreciated.

Now attempting to make a new drum kit. Went to standard, save as, entered logic kit, saved on SD as logic kit. Open new drum set, nothing shows in drum sets, save as, nothing, changed name on screen (under drum set maker), still doesn’t show up in left drum sets panel

Completely given up on creating a new kit. The process described in the video doesn’t work for me, maybe because I’m on mac? Basically the only thing you can do is make a list of what keys trigger the sounds in BB then make your midi files according to that. Editing existing midi files are the same. If your snare is on 38 you have to move all to 36. It’s very time consuming. I’m now wondering why I can’t create a new kit but if I finish one song before the week is up I’ll be doing ok. The ease of use between the software and pedal are worlds apart at the moment.

Yes, currently the process of creating content for the BeatBuddy is by far more complex than using the pedal itself. I cannot say that this process is enjoyable as well, and I know the process will be improved over time.
Though it really feels like an accomplishment every time you are done with your new beats! :slight_smile:

P.s.: By the way, how comes you cannot find the complete listing of MIDI notes supported by BeatBuddy? Haven’t you look in the Drum Kits[/URL] forum, there’s a sticky thread on top of it - [SIZE=4][B][URL=‘http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-drumsets-midi-notes-mapping.1873/’]BeatBuddy drumsets MIDI notes mapping[/B][/SIZE]. You should look at post #3 and further. Pay attention only to numbers (like 44), not note names (like C3).

As I think I mentioned in my video you need to IMPORT the Drumset [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]NOT OPEN it. You also don’t need to save it on the SD card, unless you really want to.

Well I will be totally honest with you - I don’t know! The video is done but I just need to edit it together, unfortunately both my wife and daughter have broken their foot and I have very little time at the moment. I need to change a BB song for next Sunday morning so I plan on videoing that process.

Thanks all. I just ended up spending some time and finding some pre loads that worked, created a folder of ‘my songs’ and dragged them all in as well as making some simple grooves. Right before I was almost done IT CRASHED and now some of the songs I dragged into the folder are gone completely so I guess it’s reboot/install/whatever. I really do want to throw my computer in the ocean sometimes. Pedal is great but software is making me tear my bloody hair out the last few days!

bugger… umm… do I have to reload the content, delete everything on my card, then drag it over? is there any formatting? I have NO IDEA where the songs went, I can’t import a song because all the songs are greyed out when I try and I can’t be stuffed rebuilding the songs… totally lost now. What’s worse is ALL those songs were the useful ones so I can’t even try it out on one song at my gig tonight.

If you are using the Mac beta I believe drag and drop does not work. As has been mentioned here a lot, always save as you go along just incase there is a crash - this does not help you at the moment, but just something to bear in mind for the future.

Try reimporting project from pedal or you can just try opening the project again. I don’t know what you mean by the ‘songs being greyed out’.

From what I gather, EZ isn’t General Midi. The BB is General Midi, Which makes it as compatible as it can get, although GM is often not supported these days ( I guess). The link below indicates some kind of conversion with EZ from what I read (very briefly).

I have these, so will want to explore this myself. And like you, I don’t really feel like the nuts&bolts thing presently :smiley:

https://www.toontrack.com/forum/studio-corner-1/difference-in-mapping-ez-drummer-and-general-midi/

Well the Latin Set is certainly not GM because there are several (+20) Conga samples in it !

General MIDI sadly only offers 3 Congas:

62…Mute Hi Conga

63…Open Hi Conga

64…Low Conga

I really need a good MIDI editor to get the most out of those samples.